Foley's China IP Workshop, Recent Developments in the IP Landscapes of China and the U.S., scheduled for the morning of the first day of the Summit, featured an interactive panel discussion of IP-related hot topics in both China and the United States.
The workshop was moderated by Foley Shanghai Office Managing Partner and Asia Practice Chair Catherine Sun. Ms. Sun was joined by Jon Dudas, Foley IP Litigation Partner and former Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Director of the USPTO, Steven Rizzi, Foley China Practice Chair and IP Litigation Partner, and Yan Zhao, Foley IP Senior Counsel.
Recent developments in IP enforcement in China
- Recent developments in China’s patent law and regulations: What you need to know if your company is:
- Developing IP in China
- Licensing or commercializing China-developed IP
- Protecting IP developed outside of China
IP procurement in China
- Significant court rulings
- Recent decisions of interest, including Siemens, Baidu, Schneider
U.S. patent litigation and legislation update
- China’s new leadership role in patent and trademark filings: What it means for your business
- Procuring high-quality patents in China
- Challenging China patents through reexamination
- How the latest U.S. patent litigation developments could impact Chinese companies
- How recent U.S. patent reform and policy will impact Chinese companies