In 2011, three years after China’s Anti-Monopoly Law was implemented, China's Ministry of Commerce (MOFCOM) reviewed a record number of merger and acquisition (M&A) transactions — 194, a 43-percent increase over 2010 — as the regulatory landscape continued to evolve. Of significance, MOFCOM played an active and influential role in international transactions of which only a component was located in China.
Please join Foley for the next program in our Eye on China Roundtable Series, during which seasoned professionals from Foley and an economist from Charles River Associates will share recent experiences in this area and discuss the changing landscape and implications of M&A review for international transactions.
Specific topics to be addressed include:
- Solving the China puzzle in global M&A transactions
- Understanding the issues that trigger an M&A review by China
- An insider’s view of China’s M&A review agency, MOFCOM
- Practical tips for working more effectively with Chinese regulatory agencies
- Adria Warren, Senior Counsel, International Business Practice and Transactional & Securities Practice, Foley & Lardner LLP
- Linda Ji, Vice Chair, China Practice; Senior Counsel, International Business Practice and Transactional & Securities Practice, Foley & Lardner LLP
- Dr. Elizabeth Wang, Principal, Antitrust & Competition Economics Practice, Charles River Associates
This luncheon is complimentary. However, due to seating limitations, registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information, contact Delia Dai at ddai foley.com or 312.832.4506.
To obtain any of the materials presented during the program, please contact Linda Ji at lji foley.com.