Cloud Computing: Protecting Your Data, Reducing Risk, and Addressing Contracting Issues
24 March 2011
- Foley & Lardner LLP
90 Park Avenue
New York, New York 10016
8:30 a.m. -
8:45 a.m. to 9:45 a.m. -
On a daily basis, companies are entering into cloud computing transactions, attracted by such benefits as scalability on demand, rapid deployment, low start-up costs and capital expenditures, and, of course, significant overall savings.
However, there is a great deal of risk inherent to cloud-based transactions, including the use of data in the cloud, the amount of potential access to that data, and the security measures that are taken to secure the data. The risk extends through quality control issues and service-level agreements that may be required to ensure your company receives the promised level of services, as well as reputational risks to your company in the event of supplier's failure and compliance risks associated with several federal and state laws applicable to this area.
Join corporate counsel and IT professionals for a highly practical, engaging, and dynamic session that will address:
- Recent lessons learned from industry implementation
- Practical applications for cloud computing - what works and what doesn't
- The provisions a company's contracts must contain to protect it in today's shifting legal and IT landscapes
- Key cloud risks and concerns that every company should evaluate prior to entering into a deal that involves cloud-based services
- Critical drafting and negotiation skills to complete cloud transactions efficiently
- Key concerns and risks associated with implementing cloud applications
- Risk mitigation strategies
Our panel will include:
- Steven Moy, Vice President of General Management, SapientNitro
- Steve Peltzman, Chief Information Officer, The Museum of Modern Art, New York
- Matthew A. Karlyn, Information Technology & Outsourcing Partner, Foley
For questions about registering, please contact Zulaikha Rahim at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Foley & Lardner LLP will apply for CLE credit after the program, wherever applicable. Foley & Lardner LLP certifies that this activity has been approved for California MCLE credits by the State Bar of California in the amount of one General credit. Foley & Lardner LLP is a State Bar of California MCLE approved provider. Please note that participants must be in attendance on the date of the event; credit may not be obtained by viewing and/or listening to a program recording after the event.
Cloud Computing: Protecting Your Data, Reducing Risk, and Addressing Contracting Issues is part of the Foley Executive Briefing Series. Learn more about programs in the series at Foley.com/FEBS.