Foley & Lardner hosted an Executive Briefing Series program examining concierge medicine. This interactive session, moderated by Foley Partner Michael L. Blau, explored the pros and cons, ethical dimensions, and legal implications of retainer-based medical practices.
- Jordan Busch, M.D., of Personal Physicians Healthcare, the first concierge practice in Massachusetts
- Michael L. Blau, Foley Partner and Chair of the Health Ventures Practice, who has architected pioneering concierge practice business models
- Gerry Zitoli, Assistant General Counsel, Tufts Health Plan, who will provide the payors' perspective on concierge medicine
- Jeff Butler, founder of Privia Health, a novel concierge medicine network company, who will discuss national developments in concierge medicine arrangements
Questions addressed included:
- What providers are converting to concierge medicine, and why?
- Which patients are choosing concierge practices?
- What are the business models for concierge practices, and how do they differ?
- What are the implications of concierge medicine for our health care delivery system?
- What are the legal and business considerations in establishing a concierge practice?
- What is the future of concierge medicine in an age of health care reform?
Concierge Medicine: An Evolution in the Delivery of Primary Care is part of the Foley Executive Briefing Series.