You have created a valuable intellectual property asset and assembled a core management team. Now, how do you find the funding you need to take your venture to the next level? We were pleased to host a Foley Executive Briefing Series seminar exploring the mysterious world of fundraising.
- What are the possible funding sources for an early-stage company?
- What is a realistic strategy for fundraising, and what are the principal steps?
- What documentation should be provided to prospective investors?
- How should a company be valued, and how should that value be justified to investors?
- How should the investment be structured?
- Beyond cash, what “value-added” support should be expected from various investors?
These and other questions were addressed in an informal, interactive panel session led by Susan E. Pravda, Chair of Foley’s Emerging Technologies Industry Team, and Gabor Garai, Chair of the firm's Private Equity & Venture Capital Practice and Co-chair of the Life Sciences Industry Team.
"Finding the Money: Exploring The World of Fundraising For Early-Stage Companies" is part of the Foley Executive Briefing Series.