Foley announced today that seven Detroit office attorneys have been named 2011 Michigan Super Lawyers by Michigan Super Lawyers magazine. In addition, three attorneys from the firm’s Detroit office have been named 2011 Michigan Rising Stars.
The Detroit office attorneys named 2011 Michigan Super Lawyers and their primary practices, as classified by Thomson Reuters, are:
- John F. Birmingham, Jr., Employment & Labor
- Patrick Daugherty, Securities & Corporate Finance
- Judy A. O’Neill, Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights
- Chris E. Rossman, Health Care
- Thomas B. Spillane, Mergers & Acquisitions
- John R. Trentacosta, Business Litigation
- Ann Marie Uetz, Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights
The Detroit office attorneys named 2011 Michigan Rising Stars and their primary practices, as classified by Thomson Reuters, are:
- Daljit S. Doogal, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Michael W. Groebe, Employment & Labor
- Marcus W. Sprow, Intellectual Property
Only five percent of the total attorneys in the state are selected for inclusion in the distinguished list of Super Lawyers. Attorneys who are named Rising Stars represent the top up-and-coming attorneys in the state who are 40 years old or younger, or who have been practicing for 10 years or less.
To compile its annual list, the research team at Super Lawyers, which is part of the Thomson Reuters Legal division, undertakes a rigorous multi-phase selection process that includes a statewide survey of lawyers, independent evaluation of candidates by the attorney-led research staff and a peer review of candidates by practice area. Super Lawyers magazine names attorneys in each state who received the highest point totals, as chosen by their peers and through the independent research.