Foley announced today that four attorneys in its San Diego office and one attorney in its San Diego/Del Mar office have been named 2011 Super Lawyers by San Diego Super Lawyers magazine. Only five percent of the lawyers in the San Diego area are named to this distinguished list.
The Foley attorneys named San Diego Super Lawyers and their primary practices, as classified by Thomson Reuters, are:
- Jeffrey R. Blease, Construction Litigation
- Michael P. McCloskey, Securities Litigation
- Andrew B. Serwin, Business Litigation
- Victor A. Vilaplana, Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights
- R. Michael Scarano, Jr., Health Care
To compile its annual list, the research team at Super Lawyers, which is part of the Thomson Reuters Legal division, undertakes a rigorous multi-phase selection process that includes a statewide survey of lawyers, independent evaluation of candidates by the attorney-led research staff and a peer review of candidates by practice area. Super Lawyers magazine names attorneys in each state who received the highest point totals, as chosen by their peers and through the independent research.