Thirty-Four Attorneys Ranked by Peers in Practice.
Foley announced today that 32 partners have been named 2008 Illinois “Super Lawyers” and two attorneys have been named 2008 Illinois “Rising Stars” by Law & Politics Media, Inc.
The 32 Foley attorneys named “Super Lawyers” and their primary practices, as classified by Law & Politics, are:
- Sharon R. Barner, intellectual property litigation;
- Myles D. Berman, political law;
- Richard (Dick) Bromley, tax;
- Michael M. Conway, business litigation, Top 100 Illinois Super Lawyers;
- Dewey B. Crawford, securities and corporate finance;
- Scott E. Early, general commercial litigation;
- Fredric J. Entin, health care;
- Craig S. Fochler, intellectual property litigation;
- John N. Gavin, business/corporate;
- Diane E. Gianos, employment and labor;
- Jeanne M. Gills, intellectual property litigation;
- David B. Goroff, appellate;
- Paul F. Hanzlik, utilities;
- James R. Hellige, estate planning and probate;
- Richard C. Johnson, bonds/government finance;
- Christopher N. Knight, bonds/government finance;
- John D. Lien, construction litigation;
- Mary Kay Martire, business litigation;
- William J. McKenna, business litigation;
- John B. Palmer III, tax;
- Mark L. Prager, bankruptcy and creditor/debtor rights;
- Donna J. Pugh, environmental, Top 50 Female Illinois Super Lawyers;
- John P. Ratnaswamy, energy and natural resources;
- E. Glenn Rippie, energy and natural resources;
- John L. Rogers III, energy and natural resources;
- George T. Simon, securities and corporate finance;
- Michael J. Small, bankruptcy and creditor/debtor rights;
- Robert M. Stephenson, white collar criminal defense;
- Kathryn M. Trkla, securities litigation;
- William C. Weinsheimer, estate planning and probate;
- Michael H. Woolever, employee benefits/ERISA; and
- Robert J. Zimmerman, health care.
The two outstanding up-and-coming attorneys named 2008 Illinois “Rising Stars” are Marshall J. Brown and Jill L. Murch. Brown is senior counsel and a member of the firm’s Mechanical and Electromechanical Technologies, Electronics and Trademark, Copyright and Advertising Practices, while Murch is a partner and member of the firm’s Business Reorganization and Real Estate Practices.
To compile its annual list, Law & Politics surveyed more than 47,000 lawyers across Illinois, asking them to vote for the best lawyers they have personally observed conducting business. The final list of “Super Lawyers” features the top five percent of Illinois attorneys in more than 60 areas of practice.
“Rising Stars” are selected based on the criteria that they are 40 years old or younger or have been in practice for 10 years or less. Only 2.5 percent of the best up-and-coming attorneys are named to this elite list. “Super Lawyers” and “Rising Stars” will be published in the February 2008 issues of Illinois Super Lawyers and Chicago magazine.
Foley & Lardner LLP continually evolves to meet the changing legal needs of our clients. Our team-based approach, proprietary client service technology, and practice depth enhance client relationships while seeing clients through their most complex legal challenges. The BTI Consulting Group (Wellesley, Massachusetts) recently recognized Foley as one of the top four law firms shaping the U.S. legal market, while CIO magazine has named Foley to its CIO 100 list six times for our client-focused technology. With more than 1,000 attorneys in 22 offices and more than 50 practices, count on Foley for high-caliber business and legal insight.