Sixteen Attorneys Chosen By Peers As Best In Practice.
Foley announced today that 16 attorneys from its Chicago office have been selected for inclusion in the 2008 edition of The Best Lawyers in America®.
The attorneys named and their primary practices, as classified by Best Lawyers®, are:
- Sharon R. Barner*, Intellectual Property Law
- John T. Brooks, Trusts and Estates
- Michael M. Conway (10), Commercial Litigation, First Amendment Law
- Dewey B. Crawford (20), Corporate Law, Securities Law
- Scott E. Early, Derivatives Law
- Jay Erens (10), Corporate Law
- John N. Gavin, Insurance Law
- Paul F. Hanzlik, Energy Law
- James R. Hellige, Non-Profit/Charities Law, Trusts and Estates
- William J. McKenna*, Commercial Litigation
- John B. Palmer, Tax Law
- E. Glenn Rippie, Administrative Law, Energy Law
- Robert M. Stephenson (10), Appellate Law, White-Collar Criminal Defense
- Kathryn M. Trkla, Derivatives Law
- William C. Weinsheimer (20), Trusts and Estates
- Robert J. Zimmerman (10), Health Care Law
The number after attorneys’ names indicates that they have been named to the Best Lawyers list for at least 10 or 20 consecutive years and the asterisk after their names denotes that this is the first year these attorneys have been listed.
The 2008 edition is the 14th edition of The Best Lawyers in America. Best Lawyers is based on peer-review surveys in which attorneys throughout the country cast nearly a half million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their specialties. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.”
Nationwide, 156 Foley attorneys were selected for inclusion in the 2008 edition of The Best Lawyers in America in a broad array of legal areas.
Foley & Lardner LLP provides the full range of corporate legal counsel. Our attorneys understand today’s most complex business issues, including corporate governance, securities enforcement, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property counseling and litigation, outsourcing and information technology, labor and employment, and tax. The firm offers total solutions in the automotive, emerging technologies, energy, entertainment and media, financial services, food, golf and resort services, insurance, health care, life sciences, nanotechnology, and sports industries.