Foley announced today that 10 Los Angeles office attorneys have been named 2011 Southern California Super Lawyers by Southern California Super Lawyers magazine. Only five percent of the lawyers in the state are named by Super Lawyers.
The Los Angeles attorneys named Super Lawyers and their primary practices, as classified by Thomson Reuters, are:
- Merl John Carson, Intellectual Property
- Victor S. de Gyarfas, Intellectual Property Litigation
- Pamela L. Johnston, Criminal Defense: White Collar
- Richard W. (Jack) Lasater, II, Business/Corporate
- Shirley P. Morrigan, Health Care
- Keith C. Owens, Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights
- William J. Robinson, Intellectual Property Litigation
- Denise Rios Rodriguez, Health Care
- Richard F. Seiden, Health Care
- Tami S. Smason, Business Litigation
To compile its annual list, the research team at Super Lawyers, which is a service of the Thomson Reuters Legal division, undertakes a rigorous multi-phase selection process that includes a statewide survey of lawyers, independent evaluation of candidates by the attorney-led research staff and a peer review of candidates by practice area. Super Lawyers magazine names attorneys in each state who received the highest point totals, as chosen by their peers and through the independent research.
The list of Super Lawyers is published in the Thomson Reuters Legal Super Lawyers magazine. Super Lawyers magazine is published in all 50 states and reaches more than 13 million readers.