How to Prepare for an IPO and Be Positioned to Take Advantage of IPO Market Opportunities
14 September 2011
- Foley & Lardner LLP
111 Huntington Avenue
8:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.
Networking and Registration
8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
The IPO market is back after a long hiatus. How do you position your company to go public? How do you prepare to take advantage of an IPO window when it's open? The IPO process is lengthy and complex, and there are inevitably surprises along the way and problems to address. Many of the factors that affect the IPO market are beyond a company's control — economic downturns, market turmoil, interest rate changes, unexpected military or terrorist events, poor performance by competitors, and similar issues.
Please join us for a Foley Executive Briefing Series program where our panel of seasoned advisors will outline how companies can prepare for an IPO and be positioned to take advantage of IPO market opportunities. Topics will include:
- The current state of the IPO market
- What makes a company an attractive IPO candidate?
- Building and preparing your management team
- Establishing financial controls
- Managing stock compensation issues
- Establishing a corporate governance program
- Becoming SOX compliant
- Planning your publicity strategy
- Addressing IP and contract issues
- Directors and officers insurance
- Engaging IPO advisors
These and other topics will be addressed in an interactive panel session led by Foley Partner Paul D. Broude. Panelists will be:
- Danielle Sheer, General Counsel of Carbonite, Inc.
- George Neble, Partner, Assurance & Advisory Business Services, Ernst & Young LLP
- John Kelley, Managing Director — Investment Banking Technology Group, Raymond James
- Todd Speece, Managing Director — Head of Tech & Clean Tech Equity Capital Markets, Raymond James
How to Prepare for an IPO and Be Positioned to Take Advantage of IPO Market Opportunities is part of the Foley Executive Briefing Series.