Key Strategies and Considerations for Doing Business in the Americas
23 June 2011
- Foley & Lardner LLP
One Biscayne Tower
2 South Biscayne Boulevard
Miami, Florida 33131
Foley hosted a briefing on critical strategies and considerations for companies doing business in the Americas. As Latin American and Caribbean economies have quickly recovered from the global recession, U.S. companies stand to benefit from these growing markets, if they can navigate the cultural and regulatory challenges of international business.
For years, Foley attorneys have helped U.S. and international clients with business ties to the Americas and the Caribbean. Drawing on this experience, four important areas were discussed that you must understand if you are pursuing business opportunities in the Americas. Topics included:
- Compliance With the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
- Import and Export: Restrictions on Trade With Cuba and Other Sanctioned Countries
State of U.S. and Latin American Relations
- Overview and Update on Immigration Law
After each presentation, a brief Q&A session was held to cover specific questions and concerns.
- Ivonne Mena King, Partner, Government Enforcement, Compliance & White Collar Defense Practice
- Jaime B. Guerrero, Partner, Government Enforcement, Compliance & White Collar Defense Practice
- Gregory Husisian, Of Counsel, Government Enforcement, Compliance & White Collar Defense Practice
- Victor Manuel Rocha, former U.S. ambassador to Bolivia and member, Government & Public Policy Practice
- Roy J. Barquet, Partner and Chair, Immigration, Nationality, & Consular Law Services Practice
- Robert Iseman, Associate, Business Litigation & Dispute Resolution Practice
Moderated by Francisco J. Cerezo, Partner and Chair, Latin America Practice
For more information, please contact Jackie Polson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 407.244.3228.
CLE credits will be applied for in all applicable states. Foley & Lardner LLP certifies that this activity has been approved for California MCLE credits by the State Bar of California in the amount of three General credits. Foley & Lardner LLP is a State Bar of California MCLE approved provider. Please note that participants must be in attendance on the date of the event; credit may not be obtained by viewing and/or listening to a program recording after the event.