This Foley Executive Briefing Series program examined the common sources of litigation for life sciences companies as well as methods for mitigating exposure when these issues arise.
The program explored the potential litigation challenges that arise in light of intellectual property (IP) issues, IP ownership challenges arising out of collaborations or movements of personnel, and conflicts of interest in research, and addressed their implications for life sciences companies.
Questions that were discussed include:
- What are the key exposure areas for life sciences companies?
- What is involved in litigating these issues?
- What types of relief may be sought?
- What does litigation cost?
- Are there alternatives to litigation?
This interactive program was moderated by Foley Partners J. Mark Waxman and Thomas I. Elkind.