The world changed in 2008, and so far 2009 is capricious. On the encouraging side, with valuations down, this could be a good time to buy, and merger and acquisition activity is picking up.
Please join us for a Foley Executive Briefing Series program, during which senior representatives of Foley and Robert W. Baird & Co. Incorporated will discuss the current state of, and trends in, the capital and M&A markets. The program will address:
- Current capital market conditions and their effect on M&A deals
- The current state of, and trends in, the M&A market
- Current valuation multiples and how buyers are financing transactions
- Types of deals that are getting done and how
- Industries that are seeing the most activity
- Changes in buyer and seller approaches to getting deals done
- The state of the private equity deal market
- Paul Purcell, President and CEO of Robert W. Baird, will discuss the state of the capital markets
- Steve Booth, Head of Investment Banking at Robert W. Baird, will discuss trends in the M&A markets
- Ben Garmer, Foley Transactional & Securities Partner, will discuss current M&A legal developments
In addition to Messrs. Purcell, Booth, and Garmer, the following M&A professionals will engage in a panel discussion of key issues affecting the current M&A market:
- Steve Barth, Foley Transactional & Securities Partner
- Jay Rothman, Foley Transactional & Securities Practice Chair
- Howard Lanser, Director of M&A at Robert W. Baird
Foley will apply for CLE credit upon request.
Merger and Acquisition Trends and Insights: Is the Market Picking Up? is part of the Foley Executive Briefing Series.