Practice Acquisitions and Physician Employment Arrangements
24 May 2011
- Web Conference and Various Offices
10:00 a.m. Pacific
11:00 a.m. Mountain
12:00 p.m. Central
1:00 p.m. Eastern
In response to health care reform and reductions in fee for service reimbursement, physicians and other health care providers are exploring ways to align clinically and financially to improve quality, efficiency, and work flow processes, and provide access to patient-centered and accountable care.
Once again, the health care provider industry is experiencing a wave of hospital acquisitions of physician practices. Please join Foley's Health Care Industry Team for the fourth program in our Physician-Hospital Alignment Series, "Practice Acquisitions and Physician Employment Relationships," as investment banking, consulting, and legal professionals explore this latest round of consolidation and physician employment by hospitals. Our discussion will feature:
- The recent health care reform as well as financial and practical reasons for consolidation in the industry
- The legal and regulatory background and anatomy of a practice acquisition transaction
- Valuation of physician practices and compensation mechanisms that satisfy both the hospital and the physicians
- C. Frederick Geilfuss II, Partner, Foley & Lardner LLP
- Sean T. Hartzell, Senior Manager, ECG Management Consultants, Inc.
- Victoria Poindexter, Managing Director, Morgan Keegan/Shattuck Hammond Healthcare
- Richard K. Rifenbark, Senior Counsel, Foley & Lardner LLP
- Richard F. Seiden, Partner, Foley & Lardner LLP
- Adria Warren, Senior Counsel, Foley & Lardner LLP
- Troy Wells, Practice Plus/Arkansas Health Group
- David V. White, Executive Director, Pinnacle Healthcare Consulting
Who Should Attend
Hospital, health system, physician, medical group, managed care, and health care service executives and leaders who need to navigate the complexities of the health industry as it evolves to a more aligned and accountable model of care should find this series to be a unique and valuable resource.
Join Us In-Person at a Foley Office or by Web Conference
This program will be presented live in Boston, Chicago, and Washington, D.C., with lunch provided. You'll have the opportunity to network with other attendees and faculty and to have your specific questions addressed in an informal Q&A session after the program. In-person attendees also will receive a copy of our comprehensive white paper, Transforming Health Care Through Accountable Care Organizations: A Critical Assessment.
For program participants seeking CLE credit, Foley will apply for CLE credit in applicable jurisdictions and certificates of attendance will be issued via e-mail within three to eight weeks. Foley & Lardner LLP certifies that this activity has been approved for California MCLE credits by the State Bar of California in the amount of 2.75 general credits. Foley & Lardner LLP is a State Bar of California MCLE approved provider. Please note that Web conference participants must log in to both the teleconference and Live Meeting portions on the date of the event. Credit may not be obtained by viewing and/or listening to a program recording after the event.