How will the tightening credit market and concerns about the economy impact mergers and acquisitions (M&A) in 2008? What trends are in store for the coming year? What steps can you take to facilitate a successful deal in the current M&A market?
This Foley Executive Briefing Series program, The Keys to Successful M&A Transactions in 2008, provided an assessment of the M&A landscape from a business and legal perspective as well as offer practical advice regarding a variety of issues that may arise during M&A transactions.
- Current and future trends in the national M&A market
- Latest developments in health care financings and M&A
- M&A trends and forecasts for middle-market companies
- Target valuations and leverage multiples
- Advantages and disadvantages of private equity versus strategic buyers
- Tax planning opportunities
- Integration planning and challenges
The panel was moderated by Michael B. Kirwan, Foley Of Counsel. Panelists included:
- Gardner F. Davis, Foley Partner
- Court H. Houseworth, Managing Director, San Francisco office, Cain Brothers & Company, LLC, which focuses exclusively on the medical services and medical technologies industries and their related markets
- JP Trouillot, Partner, Transaction Services, KPMG LLP
- Timothy J. Urekew, Vice President, New York office, Brown Brothers Harriman & Co.
For additional information, please contact Honey Campagna at hcampagna foley.com or 407.244.7124, or visit Foley.com/FEBS.