At the 2017 Annual Meeting of Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO), Foley partner Eley Thompson and members of the Asian Practice and Litigation Committees will discuss “China—the developing frontier for IP procurement and enforcement: Trends and current status” as part of the Committee CLE breakout sessions. The discussion points will include:
- Recent changes and future trends in Chinese IP landscape:
- In procurement, what has been happening in recent times as China passed the 1,000,000 mark in new patent applications.
- In enforcement, how have court cases and perceived biases changed in China over the last few years?
- Where is China heading with IP?
- Corporate Response:
- How has corporate IP practice and procedure changed to keep up with this dynamic situation?
- What are the traps and how are they avoided? Physician engagement – why it’s necessary and the risks of not having it
For more information and to register, please visit the IPO’s website.