Whether your company is facing a class action, experiencing a state or federal investigation or examination, or simply navigating the many statutory and regulatory requirements covering consumer interactions, Foley is well positioned to assist. The attorneys in Foley’s Consumer Law, Finance, and Class Action Group have defended clients in hundreds of class and mass actions, attorney general actions, and in matters before the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the Federal Trade Commission, as well as many other federal and state agencies.
Foley’s work in this area has included representation of some of the world’s largest companies, including:
- Honda North America, Inc.
- Home Services of America, Inc.
- Cummins, Inc.
- Harman International Industries
- Anthem, Inc.
- Long & Foster Real Estate
- Mayo Clinic
- Leading companies in the real estate brokerage, mortgage, and financial services
- A variety of manufacturing and retail companies in industries such as auto parts, windows, and home products.
Foley’s substantive experience includes, among other things, defending and counseling companies with respect to state and federal unfair and deceptive trade practices laws, including:
- California’s Unfair Competition Law and Consumer Legal Remedy Act, the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act, various other states unfair trade and/or deceptive practices acts; the federal Consumer Financial Protection Act
- Claims for breach of warranty, consumer fraud, unfair pricing, and deceptive advertising
- A variety of other statutes including the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, the Truth-in-Lending Act, the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act, federal and state antitrust laws, the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act, and the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
The attorneys in Foley’s Consumer Law, Finance, and Class Action Group also regularly counsel and advise clients on financial services issues, from transactional counseling to compliance gap analysis to class action risk management.
You can learn about some of Foley’s key successes and experiences in these areas by clicking the links below, or by checking out our blog for current legal developments.