Please join Foley for the latest installment of our Health Information Technology Web Conference Series on Wednesday, May 15, 2013.
This Web conference will cover a number of business, legal, and regulatory issues currently faced by providers when acquiring electronic health record (EHR) systems and participating in the Medicare/Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs, such as:
- Common EHR incentive program registration pitfalls and other “real world” issues facing providers who participate in the EHR incentive programs
- Proposed modifications to the Stark and Anti-Kickback Statute EHR safe harbors, state law limitations on EHR donations, and other fraud and abuse issues involving EHRs
- The current health information exchange (HIE) landscape and key issues involving HIEs
- Practical considerations when procuring an EHR system
- Ralph Oyaga, HITEC-LA Associate Counsel, L.A. Care Health Plan
- James R. Kalyvas, Partner, Foley & Lardner LLP
- Richard K. Rifenbark, Partner, Foley & Lardner LLP
- Adria Warren, Senior Counsel, Foley & Lardner LLP
CLE credits will be applied for in all applicable states. Foley & Lardner LLP certifies that this activity has been approved for California MCLE credits by the State Bar of California in the amount of one General credit. Foley & Lardner LLP is a State Bar of California MCLE approved provider. Please note that participants must log in to both the teleconference and Adobe Connect portions on the date of the event; credit may not be obtained by viewing and/or listening to a program recording after the event.