Foley invites you to participate in the Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) Legal & Accounting Webcast Series: "Business Method Patents and Other Patents for Software."
Patents are the most expensive form of intellectual property protection to obtain but often the most valuable. How can your company build the patent portfolio that makes other companies worried, and keeps them away from your market space? This session does a "deep dive" on the use of patents to protect a company's key software developments.
Topics covered will include:
- Overview of business method patents and other types of patents
- Patentability of business methods
- Knowing your company paradigm
- Building an arsenal of quality patents
- Institutionalizing a patent program in your company
- Broad-based patent portfolio management
- Extracting value from the patent portfolio
- Pavan K. Agarwal, partner and chair, Electronics Practice, Foley
- Michael B. Einschlag, Ph.D., J.D., partner, Rosenlaw & Einschlag
- David G. Luettgen, partner and member, Electronics and Mechanical & Electromechanical Technologies Practices, Foley
- Sasha Siegel, corporate council, Citrix Systems