Foley Partner Cheryl Wagonhurst is speaking at the Practising Law Institute (PLI) Corporate Compliance and Ethics Institute 2009, April 30 - May 1, 2009 in San Francisco, California.
Ms. Wagonhurst is speaking on May 1, 2009 at 3:30 p.m. with Erica Salmon Byrne, Assistant Director for Corpedia. Their session is titled "How to Perform an Effective Audit/Measuring the Effectiveness of Your Compliance Program." Topics that will be covered include:
- Who should conduct compliance audits?
- Role of internal audit
- How to assess auditing results
- Reporting and follow-up: to whom and how?
- Privilege and other considerations
- Audit versus a program effectiveness review
- What metrics matter most to compliance?
- Compliance and ethics surveys: Internal and external
- What they can tell you about your program
- How to use them effectively
- Making compliance part of your company’s annual goal setting
- Hypothetical: How to measure compliance