Foley Senior Counsel Robert Slavkin is moderating a teleconference for the American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA) titled "Medicare Risk Adjusters: A New Frontier and Potential Legal Issues for Plans and Providers," on June 16, 2009 from 1:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. Eastern.
This teleconference will:
- Provide an overview regarding Medicare risk adjusters and affected payments, including CY 2010 uniform (downward) adjustment;
- Review the CMS enforcement trends;
- Discuss the analysis of challenges that Plans and Providers may face, such as plans collecting and verifying data and adopting risk adjusters, and the possibility of providers as downstream entities being requested to assist in data collection; and
- Discuss the Plan and Provider issues and challenges in complying with obligations under MA Plan contracts.
- Sean Creighton
Director, Division of Risk Adjustment Operations
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Baltimore, MD
- Anne W. Hance, Esquire
McDermott Will & Emery LLP, Washington, DC
- Janice H. Ziegler, Esquire
Sonnenschein Nath & Rosenthal LLP, Washington, DC