Foley Special Counsel Benjamin Daniels, will be speaking at the 18th Annual Conference on Fraud and Abuse in Boston, Massachusetts. His presentation is titles, “Pricing Governance and Anticipating Fraud and Abuse Risks in Light of the Current Pricing Debate.”
Mr. Daniels will be joined by Laura M. Kidd Cordova, Partner, Crowell & Moring and Andy Rittenberg, Vice President, Legal, Gilead Sciences.
The panel presentation will cover the following:
- Examining potential ways in which the current pricing concerns can potentially raise fraud and abuse issues
- Legislative efforts on pricing transparency Survey of some of the proposed laws and provisions of these laws that manufacturers need to be aware of when setting prices – what should manufacturers be thinking about when setting prices?
- What do legislators need access to from manufacturers when it comes to setting prices?
- Pricing governance What factors should manufacturers consider?
- Suggestions as to what the industry could be doing in this respect – should manufacturers have policies, procedures and/or committees charged with setting parameters around pricing If pricing committees are a good idea, who should sit on them?; how high up the corporate chain do pricing decisions need to go?
- Government price/best price reporting implications: How do pricing decisions impact government pricing?
For more information, visit the conference website.