Foley Partner Judith Waltz and Foley Associate Adam Hepworth will present at the HCCA San Francisco Regional Compliance conference on November 30, 2018.
Waltz’ presentation is titled “The Enforcement Risks of Everyday Issues of Non-Compliance” and will cover the following:
- Billing privileges revocations for noncompliance with “routine” billing rules
- Civil monetary penalty (CMP) increases
- CMPs for overpayment retention and inaccurate enrollment information
- CMPs based on data mining
- Self-disclosures: required or strategically advisable?
Hepworth’s presentation is titled “Privacy Security – Mental Health” and will cover the following:
- Recent updates to the federal substance-use disorder privacy regulations at 42 CFR Part 2
- Relevant California laws protecting the confidentiality of SUD treatment records
- Tips for sharing information in integrated models of care
To learn more and to register, visit the HCCA website.