Kami Corbett is of counsel and business lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP. She provides general real estate, land use and workout services to a national client base, including lenders, real estate developers, Real Estate Investment Trusts, multifamily and single family builders, wind-to-energy clients, and business owners. She is a member of the firm’s Real Estate Practice.
Ms. Corbett’s experience includes working in more than thirty jurisdictions throughout Florida and in multiple jurisdictions throughout the country on wind energy facilities. In addition to her real estate practice, Ms. Corbett provides services to clients relating to compliance with the Fair Housing Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Representing a national timber company in obtaining the approval of a Master Development of Regional Impact Development Order involving more than 60,000 acres in North Florida
- Conducting zoning and permitting due diligence review on a transaction involving a 300 MW wind energy facility
- Representing a large property owner in negotiations with a big-box retail chain, including participating in the negotiation of the Purchase & Sale Agreement, Restrictive Covenants and Site Development Agreement with sole responsibility for negotiating with the local jurisdiction to secure the land use entitlements
- Appearing on behalf of clients in multiple jurisdictions throughout the state before a variety of local elected officials, appointed commissions and other administrative tribunals
- Negotiating development agreements to satisfy concurrency requirements for developers and landowners in multiple jurisdictions
- Advising clients of their rights and remedies under the Bert J. Harris Act and general law of eminent domain
- Assisting golf & resort industry clients to facilitate the acquisition and transfer of golf courses, hotels, restaurants and alcoholic beverage licenses
- Providing land use and environmental permitting due diligence review for national real estate clients, including transactions involving loan workouts and the disposition of real estate owned assets
- Offering land use litigation support in matters involving local government approvals, contract disputes, and foreclosure matters
- Advising affordable housing clients on matters relating to federal, state and local funding sources
- Providing ADA compliance advice and training to Major League Baseball teams and a variety of hospitality and resort clients
- Providing Fair Housing Act advice to a national homebuilder
Prior to joining Foley, Ms. Corbett served as the assistant city attorney for the City of Bonita Springs and as the manager of the Lee County Office of Equal Opportunity.
In 2012, Ms. Corbett was selected for inclusion in the Florida Super Lawyers – Rising Stars® list.
Ms. Corbett earned both her LL.M in real property and development (2006) and law degree, cum laude (2003), from the University of Miami School in Coral Gables, Florida. She graduated with a bachelor’s degree in American Studies from Stonehill College, cum laude (1990), in North Easton, Massachusetts.
Ms. Corbett is also a graduate of the following Leadership programs:
- Tampa Connection (2009)
- Leadership Lee County (2007)
Ms. Corbett is a member of The Florida Bar.
Ms. Corbett participates in professional associations, including:
- NAIOP, FL - Vice President of Government Affairs 2012
- NAIOP TampaBay - Vice President of Government Affairs, 2011, 2012
- Florida Chamber Foundation Caucus Member – 2010-2012 Infrastructure & Growth Leadership Caucus
- Florida Chamber of Commerce Growth Leadership Committee
- American Bar Association, State & Local Government Section, co-editor Enewsletter
- Leadership Tampa 2011
- Tampa Connection 2009
- Leadership Lee County 2007