Michael Anthony Donadio is an associate with Foley & Lardner LLP. He is a member of the firm’s Transactions Practice and Sports Industry Team.
Michael was a legal assistant for the St. Lawrence Public Defender’s Office in Canton, New York. In addition, he was a law clerk for a law firm in Schenectady, New York.
During law school, Michael worked as a judicial intern in the Rhode Island Supreme Court for The Honorable William P. Robinson III, where he assisted in researching and drafting legal decisions on a variety of topics including labor and employment law, corporate law, public zoning and criminal law. He also performed First Amendment legal research for an article to be submitted for publication in a national law journal.
Michael also interned for an entire semester with the legal team at Akebia Therapeutics, a biopharmaceutical company in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Boston College Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2018)
- President, The Boston College Law Republicans
- Boston College law student ambassador
- Member, Sports and Entertainment Law Society
- Union College (B.A., summa cum laude, 2015)
- Member, Phi Beta Kappa
- Received departmental honors in political science
- Recognized on the Liberty League All-Academic Team as a member of the Division III Varsity Tennis Team
- Selected as an Intercollegiate Tennis Association Scholar Athlete
- Member, Model United Nations
- Member, National History Honor Society
- Member, National Political Science Honor Society
While at Union College, Michael completed his senior thesis titled, “The Politicization of Sport: Encompassing the Ability of Sport to Unite and Divide Particular Populaces.” His final presentation culminated with a thesis defense, as well as a presentation at the Steinmetz Symposium showcasing his thesis project.
- Represented a private equity firm specialized in tracking global climate and sustainability issues in the closing of its approximately $400 million fund
- Prepared amicus brief on behalf of the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education regarding a First Amendment violation of religious freedom in InterVarsity Christian Fellowship v. The University of Iowa
- Represented Sid Wainer & Son, a specialty food distributor in New England, in its sale to the publicly traded company, Chef's Warehouse
- Represented a digital marketing company with its Series A Financing Round
- Assisted in the finalization of athlete endorsement contracts between Bauer Hockey and various NHL players
- Assisted in the asset sale of a bicycle mechanics school
- Assisted in the sale of a portfolio company, McBee Associates Inc., for approximately $50 million
- Represented Digital Guardian Inc. in its $30 million worth of corporate reorganization and financing
- Equity sale of clinical research organization with focus on drug and drug device development for life science companies
- Assisted with the closing of a $10 million venture capital fund
- Co-author, “Sharing the Ball: Where Athlete Philanthropy Has Succeeded or Sailed Out of Bounds,” Foley Insights (July 29, 2020)
- Contributing author, “The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (“CARES” Act) Is Enacted Into Law,” Foley’s Coronavirus Resource Center (March 27, 2020)
- Contributing author, “IoT Startups & Exits: CEOs & Investors Share Wins, Trade Scars,” Technology Transactions Today (June 6, 2017)
Michael is admitted to practice law in Massachusetts and New York. He is also a member of the Sports Lawyers Association.