Andrés Fernández is an associate for the Business Law Department with Foley & Lardner LLP. Andrés is based in the Mexico City office where he is a member of the Transactions Practice Group. He focuses on transactional matters and civil and commercial litigation where he has domestic and international experience.
Before becoming an associate, Andrés was a law clerk for Foley where he studied and worked in the civil and commercial litigation area. While at the Universidad Iberoamericana, he served as a legal adviser for a civil association in Mexico.
- Achieved the release of two American citizens held in a migration center in Mexico for not proving their legal stay in the country.
- Representing a large food distribution company in commercial litigation in connection with a company based in Baja California, Mexico and with several assets in Argentina.
- Developed a COVID compliance plan for a global provider of passenger, ramp and cargo handling services, including site visits to all of the airports in Mexico where it operates to ensure compliance with federal, state, and municipal regulations and laws for the prevention of COVID.
- Representing a multinational gaming company on public bid for the provision of several services to Mexico’s National Lottery.
- Universidad Iberoamericana (JD, 2020)
- Lonestar College (2016)