Jessica Gonzalez is a business law associate in Foley & Lardner LLP's Houston office and a member of the firm’s Finance Practice. Her practice focuses on the representation of agents, lenders, and borrowers in a variety of energy and commercial financing transactions, including reserve-based lending, mezzanine financing, revolving and term credit facilities, second lien credit facilities, syndicated and single-lender financings, secured hedging transactions, intercreditor matters, acquisitions and divestitures of energy-related assets, companies and related secured transactions.
Jessica has also conducted collateral reviews and lien analysis for various stakeholders in energy-related bankruptcy cases.
- Representation of buyers, sellers, commercial lenders and mezzanine lenders in oil and gas producer financings secured by producing oil and gas properties and pipeline infrastructures and other midstream projects.
- Represented an international offshore drilling contractor in the cross-collateralization of senior secured notes offered pursuant to Rule 144A and Reg. S and a senior secured term loan with an existing revolving credit facility and existing senior secured notes in connection with a consent solicitation and tender offer for the existing notes.
- Represented a commercial bank, as administrative agent, in $100,000,000 syndicated reserve-based senior first lien secured credit facility collateralized with certain oil and gas assets in the State of Texas.
- Represented a commercial bank, as administrative agent, in a syndicated senior first lien secured credit facility collateralized with certain pipeline and other midstream assets located in the States of Texas and Louisiana.
- Represented a commercial bank, as administrative agent, in a secured credit facility collateralized with certain oil and gas assets in North Dakota.
- Represented a sophisticated lender group regarding the capitalization of and extensions of credit to a Houston and British Virgin Islands-based family of oil and gas exploration and production companies to finance a portfolio of oil and gas reserve projects in Colombia and Peru.
- Represented a mezzanine lender in a $75,000,000 advancing term credit facility collateralized with certain oil and gas assets located in the State of Texas, in which the lender acquired an overriding royalty interest in the borrower’s oil and gas assets.
- Representation of lenders in loan workouts, forbearance agreements and mortgage foreclosures across various jurisdictions.
- Representation of lenders and hedge counterparties in the negotiation of multi-party intercreditor agreements.
- University of Houston Law Center (J.D., 2012)
- Harvard University, (B.A., Psychology, 2006)
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Houston Bar Association
- Member, Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Board Member, Hispanic Bar Association of Houston
- Volunteer, Depelchin Children’s Center