Clara Greaney is an associate for the Business Law Department at Foley & Lardner LLP. Clara is based in the Denver office where she is a member of the Health Care Practice Group.
In 2019 Clara was selected for the Mayo-Foley Health Law Fellowship, consisting of summer internships with the Mayo Clinic Legal Department in Rochester, Minnesota (2019) and Foley (2020). During this time, she assisted attorneys at both Mayo Clinic and Foley with a broad range of regulatory compliance and transactional matters.
Prior to joining Foley, Clara worked for a Providence Health & Services research organization in Seattle, Washington. In this role, Clara negotiated and drafted clinical research and donation contracts with medical device and pharmaceutical companies. Clara also worked with providers on compliance with federal anti-kickback statutes and Sunshine Act reporting.
- Represented Sports Medicine North Orthopedic Surgery, Inc., and its affiliated ambulatory surgery center in their acquisition by Connecticut-based orthopedic and spine care management services organization Spire Orthopedic Partners, a portfolio company of Kohlberg & Co.
- Recipient, CALI Excellence for The Future Award in Legal Research and Writing; Patients and Providers in Law; US Healthcare System; and Health Law Practice
- University of California, Hastings College of Law (JD, cum laude, 2021)
- JD Concentration in Health Law and Policy
- Member: Health Law Organization
- University of San Diego (BA, 2013)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Theology and Religious Studies with minors in Biology and Chemistry
- Member and Coordinator: Romero Immersion Programs
- Co-author, “Reproductive Health: Over the Counter Birth Control Pill Supported by FDA Advisory Committees,” Health Care Law Today (May 31, 2023)
- Co-author, “Mobile Point-Point-of-Care Medical Photography: Legal Considerations for Health Care Providers,” Journal of Legal Medicine (July 17, 2020)
- Co-author, “Social media and cadaveric dissection: A survey study,” Clinical Anatomy (June 8, 2019)