Brian Joyce is an associate and Business Law Department attorney with Foley & Lardner LLP. Brian is based in the Los Angeles office where he is a member of the firm’s Finance and Energy Practice Groups.
Brian’s practice focuses on energy and infrastructure finance, specifically in the renewables sector. He represents borrowers, sponsors and tax equity investors in project finance, structured finance, project development and general corporate matters in deals ranging from tax equity investment in utility-scale wind and solar projects to debt financings of rooftop solar projects.
Prior to joining Foley, Brian worked as an associate at law firms in the Los Angeles area.
- Represented tax equity investor in its approximately $130 million commitment in a 285 MW solar project in Muscle Shoals, Alabama; its approximately $125 million commitment in a 260 MW solar project in Brown County, Ohio; its approximately $90 million investment in a 128 MW solar project in Beaver County, Utah; and its approximately $190 million tax equity investment in a 315 MW solar project in Winkler County, Texas.
- Represented tax equity investor in its approximately $350 million tax equity commitment in a 485 MW solar project in Virginia with five different offtakers, which is the largest solar facility east of the Rocky Mountains.
- Represented investment bank in its acquisition of the tax equity interest in a 500 MW wind portfolio consisting of three separate projects operated by three different developers.
- Represented JPM Capital Corporation in its approximately $160 million equity commitment to develop the approximately 126 MW Timber Road IV Wind Farm Project in Paulding County, Ohio, and the approximately 50.4 MW Los Mirasoles II Wind Farm Project in Hidalgo and Starr Counties, Texas.
- Represented Goldman Sachs Renewable Power in the development, debt, and term financing of a 300MW solar photovoltaic (PV) plus 140.25MW/561MWh storage project in California; the project will sell power pursuant to five separate power purchase agreements, four of which include energy storage.
- Represented tax equity investor in its tax equity commitment and funding of a solar portfolio consisting of nine projects across three states.
- Represented tax equity investor in its tax equity commitment of approximately $43 million in connection with a 100 MW Texas solar project.
- Represented a developer in the asset sale of multiple operating solar portfolios and later in the sale of its parent company to a large business development company.
- Represented two investment banks in connection with their joint tax equity commitment of approximately $179 million in connection with the financing and construction of a 228 MW Texas wind farm.
- Represented a large rooftop solar developer in connection with a revolving credit facility across from a syndicate of lenders.
- Represented tax equity investor in its tax equity commitment of approximately $133 million in connection with a 136 MW wind farm in Washington
*Certain of these matters were handled prior to joining Foley.
- UCLA School of Law (JD, 2016)
- University of California, Los Angeles (BA, cum laude, 2012)
- Member, Phi Beta Kappa honor society
- Member, UCLA Ski Team
- Counselor, Camp Kesem