Emily F. Magee is a partner and finance lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP where her practice focuses on public and health care finance, including related securities and tax matters. Emily has served as bond counsel and disclosure counsel for issuers throughout the state of Florida. She also serves as bond counsel, underwriter’s counsel, bank counsel and trustee’s counsel on conduit financings for 501(c)(3) organizations (including hospitals, continuing care retirement communities, educational facilities, and cultural institutions), manufacturing facilities, airports, seaports, and affordable housing. During the course of her career, she has served as counsel and rendered opinions in various capacities in over 600 public and health care financings aggregating over $23 billion. Emily also has extensive experience with other types of lending transactions, including highly structured project finance, private placements with single financial institutions, master lease-purchase arrangements, pooled loan programs, commercial paper programs, and complex interest rate hedging transactions. Emily serves as the Business Law Department office chair for the Jacksonville office, Women’s Network Coordinator for the Jacksonville office and a member of the firm’s national Pro Bono Committee. She is a member of the firm’s Finance & Financial Institutions, Public Finance, and Health Care Finance Practices, and the Health Care and Senior Living Industry Teams.
- Disclosure Counsel, $151,625,000 City of Jacksonville, Florida Special Revenue and Refunding Bonds, Series 2019A and $45,535,000 City of Jacksonville, Florida Special Revenue Refunding Bonds, Series 2019B
- Underwriter’s Counsel, $81,160,000 Lee County Industrial Development Authority (Florida) Healthcare Facilities Improvement Revenue Bonds, Series 2019 (Shell Point/Alliance Obligated Group) (Shell Point/Waterside Health Project)
- Underwriter’s Counsel, $57,610,000 City of Jacksonville, Florida Health Care Facilities Revenue Refunding Bonds (Baptist Health) Series 2019A and $197,910,000 City of Jacksonville, FL Health Care Facilities Revenue Refunding Bonds (Baptist Health) Series 2019B, 2019C, 2019D and 2019E
- Underwriter’s Counsel, $68,935,000 Higher Educational Facilities Financing Authority (Florida) Educational Facilities Revenue and Revenue Refunding Bonds (Saint Leo University Project), Series 2019
- Underwriter’s Counsel, $23,055,000 Lake County, Florida Educational Facilities Revenue Bonds (Imagine South Lake Charter School Project), Series 2019A and $160, 000 Lake County, Florida Taxable Educational Facilities Revenue Bonds (Imagine South Lake Charter School Project), Series 2019B
- Bond Counsel, $11,000,000 Capital Trust Agency Educational Facilities Revenue Bonds (Odyssey Charter School Projects), Series 2019
- Bond Counsel and Borrower’s Counsel, $72,705,000 City of Atlantic Beach, Florida Health Care Facilities Revenue Bonds (Fleet Landing Project) Series 2018A, $8,620,000 City of Atlantic Beach, Florida Health Care Facilities Revenue Bonds (Fleet Landing Project) Series 2018B-1 Tax Exempt Mandatory Paydown Securities (TEMPS-85SM) and $33,390,000 City of Atlantic Beach, Florida Health Care Facilities Revenue Bonds (Fleet Landing Project) Series 2018B-2 Tax Exempt Mandatory Paydown Securities (TEMPS-70SM)
- Bond Counsel and Disclosure Counsel, $28,982,000 Jacksonville Port Authority Revenue Bonds, Series 2018A(AMT) and $42,400,000 Jacksonville Port Authority Revenue Bonds, Series 2018B(Non-AMT)
- Bond Counsel, $152,105,000 Orange County Health Facilities Authority Revenue Bonds (The Nemours Foundation Project), Series 2018
- Underwriter’s Counsel, $16,500,000 Trousdale Issuer, LLC 6.500% Series 2018A Taxable Bonds Priced at 98.693 to Yield 6.75% Due April 1, 2025, $39,470,000 Highlands County Health Facilities Authority (Florida) Senior Living Revenue Bonds (Trousdale Foundation Properties) Senior Series 2018A, $65,225,000 County of Montgomery, Ohio Senior Living Revenue Bonds (Trousdale Foundation Properties) Senior Series 2018A and $60,375,000 The Health and Educational Facilities Board of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, Tennessee Senior Living Revenue Bonds (Trousdale Foundation Properties)
Emily is actively involved in various organizations in the community. Emily currently serves as co-chair for the Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce Athena Powerlink program providing mentorship for women entrepreneurs.
Emily has been recognized in Chambers USA: America's Leading Business Lawyers (2013 – 2017) and by Florida Trend’s “Legal Elite” (2017). She has also been named "40 Under 40" and a “Woman of Influence” by the Jacksonville Business Journal, and is a past recipient of the Lynford Lardner community service award.
- University of Georgia School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2000)
- Notes Editor, Georgia Journal of International and Comparative Law
- Member, Order of the Coif
- Florida State University (B.S.)
- Member, Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- North Carolina
- Member, National Association of Bond Lawyers