Joshua Munro is a senior counsel and business lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP. His practice includes counseling publicly and privately held companies and investors in acquisitions, dispositions, business formation, corporate restructuring, financing, general corporate matters and venture capital investments. Joshua focuses on middle-market private equity advisory matters, including counseling on the formation and reorganization of portfolio companies, build-out acquisitions, financings and exit sale transactions.
Prior to joining Foley, Joshua was an associate at a Midwest-based law firm. He has also served as a law clerk for the Financial Conduct Authority in London, England.
- Represented Plantronics, Inc. (NYSE: PLT) in its acquisition of Polycom from a financial seller at an enterprise value of $2.0 billion, with consideration consisting of approximately $1.64 billion in cash and 6.352 million Plantronics shares.
- Represented Centuri Construction Group, a subsidiary of Southwest Gas Holdings (NYSE: SWX), in its November 2017 acquisition of New England Utility Constructors Inc. for approximately $95 million and in its November 2018 acquisition of a controlling interest in Linetec Services, LLC for approximately $340 million.
- Represented Rootstock Software, a leading cloud manufacturing and supply chain Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution provider based on Silicon Valley, in its acquisition of venture-capital backed Kenandy Inc., a developer of cloud ERP software.
- Represented MMGY Global, LLC, a portfolio company of Peninsula Capital Partners operating in the travel and tourism marketing industry in numerous domestic and international bolt-on acquisitions.
- Represented Peninsula Capital Partners in its subordinated debt and preferred equity investment in Allivet, an online pet and veterinary pharmacy.
- Represented a client’s portfolio company in eight add-on acquisitions throughout the United States and in its sale to a financial buyer at an enterprise value of over $1.8 billion.
- Represented a client’s portfolio company that serves as a global provider of engineering and safety consulting services in four add-on acquisitions and in its sale to a financial buyer at an enterprise value of approximately $350 million.
- Represented the venture capital arm of a major automotive company as a Series B and Series C investor in several automotive and energy technology companies.
Joshua is a graduate of Notre Dame Law School, (J.D., magna cum laude, 2012). While in law school, he was a research assistant for the Honorable Kenneth Francis Ripple, Sr., Circuit Judge for the 7th Circuit. He attended the London School of Economics and Political Science and graduated with a master of law in international business law, with merit (L.L.M., 2013). Joshua received his bachelor’s degree in English from the University of Michigan (B.A., with honors, 2009).
Joshua is admitted to practice in Michigan.