Thuong (Amy) Nguyen is a health care lawyer in the Los Angeles office of Foley & Lardner LLP. Her practice focuses on transactional and health care regulatory matters, with an emphasis on licensure, corporate practice of medicine, scope of practice and supervision requirements, and health privacy issues. She regularly assists hospitals, physician groups, and health care businesses on general corporate and regulatory matters, including compliance issues presented by telehealth.
Amy also served as a summer associate at Foley’s Los Angeles office, and prior to Foley, she was a research assistant at UCLA School of Law.
- Represented oncology practices in affiliation transactions with a private equity backed oncology management company.
- Advised a national post-acute healthcare provider in its acquisition of a home health services provider operating in 12 offices in Eastern Pennsylvania and Eastern Virginia.
- Advised hospital in responding to a HIPAA data breach, including assisting in drafting a response to an OCR data request.
- Advised various telehealth companies on navigating federal and state changes in provider licensure and telehealth modalities during the COVID-19 public health emergency.
- Negotiates managed care agreements for hospitals, physician groups and other health care providers.
- Amy received her law degree from the University of California, Los Angeles School of Law (J.D., 2018), where she was a managing editor of the UCLA Law Review.
- Amy is also a graduate of Brown University (B.S., 2014), where she majored in biology and economics.
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- Member, California Society for Healthcare Attorneys
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Co-author, “New Provider Relief Funding and 60-day Grace Period for Reports on Funding Previously Received,” Health Care Law Today (September 13, 2021)
- Co-author, “COVID-19: Provider Relief Fund General Distribution – Phase 3,” Health Care Law Today (October 5, 2020)
- Co-author, “COVID-19: HHS Publishes Long-awaited Reporting Requirements for Provider Relief Fund Recipients,” Health Care Law Today (September 23, 2020)
- Speaker, “AB1234 Ethics Training,” Association of California Healthcare Districts (February 20, 2020)