Jasmine Reed is an associate and trial attorney with Foley & Lardner LLP, where she is a member of the firm’s Business Litigation & Dispute Resolution and Bankruptcy & Business Reorganizations Practices. She represents businesses and individuals in both state and federal courts in a wide variety of complex commercial litigation and bankruptcy matters.
Prior to joining Foley, Jasmine worked at a Denver-based litigation firm where she successfully represented clients in arbitration, depositions and trial. She also clerked at the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin and the United States Bankruptcy Courts for the Northern District of Illinois and the Western District of Wisconsin.
- Obtained favorable decision for global manufacturing client on motion to dismiss asserting novel statute of limitations defense that was a matter of first impression under Colorado Law
- Defense verdict for global manufacturer in breach of contract case
- Obtained favorable arbitration decision for oil and gas client
- Obtained favorable summary judgment decision for education entity in dispute with a large school district
- Obtained favorable resolution of products liability case for global automotive manufacturer
- Deposed/Defended over 90 deponents on behalf of corporate clients.
- Obtained favorable arbitration decision for global hospitality client.
*Certain of these matters were handled prior to joining Foley.
- Presenter, "Precision v. Concision" Knowing Your Writes: Next Level Legal Writing Seminar, Madison, WI (May 31, 2017)
- Co-author, “A Tale of Two Statutes – Limitations Applicable to Wrongful Death Claims Allegedly Caused by a Defective Product,” Strictly Speaking, DRI Product Liability Newsletter (December 2021)
- University of Illinois College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2014)
- University of Notre Dame (B.A., English and Honors Sociology, 2011)
United States District Courts for the Northern District of Illinois, Western District of Wisconsin, Eastern District of Wisconsin, Central District of California and District of Colorado