Dr. Yi Shi focuses her practice on preparing and prosecuting both U.S. and foreign patent applications in a wide range of technologies, including small molecule pharmaceuticals, polymers, nanoparticles, and materials.
Before joining Foley, Yi worked as a technology specialist and patent agent for a global firm located in Boston. She also was a postdoctoral fellow at Northwestern University, where she conducted research in supramolecular chemistry and materials science. Yi is the co-author of 20 scientific journal articles.
- University of Illinois at Chicago (Ph.D., organic and organometallic chemistry, 2017)
- Peking University, Beijing, China (B.S., chemistry, 2011)
- Co-Author, Zhou, L.; Shi, Y.; Xiao, Q.; Liu, Y.; Ye, F.; Zhang, Y.; Wang, J. Org. Lett. 2011, 13, 968. (Highlighted by Synfacts, 2011, 5, 544 and Organic Chemistry Portal) (2011)
- Co-Author, Shi, Y.; Gevorgyan, V. Org. Lett. 2013, 15, 5394. (2013)
- Co-Author, Shi, Y.; Gulevich, A. V.; Gevorgyan, V. Angew. Chem., Int. Ed. 2014, 53, 14191. (Highlighted by Synfacts, 2015,11, 592) (2015)
- Co-Author, Shi, Y.; Gevorgyan, V. Chem. Commun. 2015, 51, 17166. (2015)
- Co-Author, Shi, Y.; Cai, K.; Xiao, H.; Liu, Z.; Zhou, J.; Shen, D.; Qiu, Y.; Guo, Q.-H.; Stern, C. L.; Wasielewski, M. R.; Diederich, F.; Goddard III, W. A.; Stoddart, J. F. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2018, 140, 13835. (2018)
*Certain of these matters were handled prior to joining Foley.
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)