Graham Welch’s litigation practice encompasses representing clients in a broad range of complex matters including public liability, mass torts, fraud, and breach of contract claims. Graham also represents clients in commercial contract disputes, commercial real estate matters, and government enforcement actions.
He has experience working as a national counsel to handle mass litigation matters in state and federal courts around the country at every stage, from filing a complaint all the way to trial and appellate courts. This includes matters in multi-district litigation (MDLs) and other coordinated proceedings involving hundreds of plaintiffs.
Graham also regularly advises clients on regulatory compliance matters, including issues involving healthcare, pharmaceutical, and consumer protection regulations and advising in disputes with state and federal agencies and government investigations.
- National counsel for Anda, Inc., a pharmaceutical wholesale distributor, in nationwide litigation relating to the distribution of prescription opioid medications, including more than 1,000 cases brought by states, cities, counties, tribes, and private parties seeking recovery in connection with the opioid abuse crisis.
- National counsel for manufacturers of e-liquid products in nationwide litigation relating to the sale of JUUL e-cigarette devices, including more than 1,000 cases brought by states, cities, counties, tribes, and private parties seeking recovery in connection with the sale of JUUL e-cigarette devices.
- Boston College Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2017)
- Managing editor of the Environmental Affairs Law Review
- Pro Bono Designation Fellow
- Immigration Law Spring Break Program
- Member of the Rankings Committee of the Law Student Association
- Treasurer for the Law School Democrats
- Georgetown University (B.A., cum laude, 2014)
- Double major in Government and History
- Member of Phi Alpha Theta (history honor society)
- Member of Pi Sigma Alpha (political science honor society)
- Dean’s List
- Director of operations for 1634 Society
- Member of the New York State Bar Association
- Member of the New York City Bar Association
- Author, “HFC Smuggling: Preventing the Illicit (and Lucrative) Sale of Greenhouse Gases,” Boston College Environmental Affairs Law Review, Vol. 44 Issue 2 (2017)
- Author, “Île à Vache and Colonization: The Tragic End of Lincoln's ‘Suicidal Folly,’” Gettysburg College Journal of the Civil War Era, Vol. 4 No. 1 (Spring 2014)
- Author, “Fools for Christ: Catholic Radicals and the Vietnam War,” Utraque Unum, Vol. 6 Issue 2 (Fall 2013)
- Author, “When Is a Seemingly Exempt Employee Not Truly Exempt?” Foley & Lardner LLP's Labor & Employment Law Perspectives Blog (January 2, 2018)
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit