Taylor Wright is a special counsel and intellectual property litigation lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP. He is based in the firm’s Salt Lake City office where he is a member of the firm’s Innovative Technology and Health Care & Life Sciences Sectors.
Taylor’s practice focuses primarily on litigation matters, including domestic and international patent and trademark litigation and enforcement.
Prior to joining Foley, Taylor was a shareholder at a mid-size, regional firm and, before that, an associate at an IP law firm where he worked on various IP litigation matters and judgment enforcement. During his second and third years of law school, Taylor worked in the University of Iowa College of Law Legal Clinic in the criminal defense and immigration law practice groups, successfully representing underserved clients.
- Represented a residential basketball backboard manufacturer in a patent infringement litigation against its primary competitor in U.S. District Court and at the International Trade Commission (ITC) that resulted in a favorable settlement and license agreement.
- Represented a leading fitness equipment manufacturer and fitness app developer in a variety of U.S. patent infringement litigations, trademark enforcement litigations, false advertising litigation, ITC litigation, international IP proceedings, and private arbitration proceedings against various competitors in the industry. Technologies include mechanical devices and IoT devices with integrated software.
- Represented a leading home automation and security system provider in U.S. patent infringement litigation.
- Represented a CRM software company in a patent infringement case brought by its competitor that resulted in a favorable settlement after defeating a motion for preliminary injunction and having covered business method (CBM) review proceedings instituted at the PTAB.
*Certain of these matters were handled prior to joining Foley.
- The University of Iowa College of Law (JD, 2012)
- Contributing Editor, Iowa Law Review
- Dean’s Award, Trademark and Unfair Competition Law
- Brigham Young University (BA, 2009)
- Member, California State Bar
- Member, Utah State Bar
- Member, J. Reuben Clark Law Society
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Member, Orange County Bar Association, Litigation Section
- Member, Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Numerous U.S. District Courts
Taylor is fluent in Russian.