On behalf of Foley & Lardner LLP, we hope you enjoyed the California Minority Counsel Program's 19th Annual Business Conference. We were proud to sponsor the conference again this year, thereby continuing our tradition of support and involvement with CMCP. We are particularly proud of the fact that CMCP recognized our commitment to diversity by selecting us as the recipient of the 2006 Drucilla Stender Ramey Award.
Foley Diversity by the Numbers
- Since 2005, our percentage of ethnically diverse California partners has improved from 9.7 percent to 13.4 percent, an increase of more than 38 percent
- Ethnically diverse California associates rose from 13.6 percent to 33.7 percent since 2005, an increase of nearly 150 percent
- In 2008, our summer associate classes in our California offices were approximately 30 percent minorities and 45 percent women
- Across the firm, women manage six of our offices, including two California offices
- Recognized by The California Lawyer in 2005 as the top firm with respect to percentage of women equity partners
- Named among Bay Area firms and legal departments with the most women in management and women partners by the Bar Association of San Francisco’s No Glass Ceiling Initiative (2005)
- Named a “2007 Best Law Firm for Women” by Working Mother magazine
- We also actively support Affinity Groups for women, African-Americans, Asian Pacific Americans, Hispanics, openly gay and lesbian attorneys, attorneys working a flexible schedule, and working parents.
If you have any questions or comments about our Diversity efforts, please feel free to contact Maureen McGinnity, Foley’s Chief Diversity Partner.