Dr. Collins is a senior counsel and intellectual property lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP. She is a member of the Chemical, Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical Practice and the Life Sciences Industry Team.
Dr. Collins' practice extends to all aspects of patent procurement, non-infringement, freedom to operate and invalidity opinions, due diligence, licensing and IP portfolio management in the biotechnology patent area including immunology, molecular and cell biology, cell based therapeutics, therapeutic compositions, methods of treatment, diagnostics, probiotics, agricultural biotechnology and plant technology.
In 2012, Dr. Collins served as a summer associate and later as a law clerk with Foley. Earlier, she worked as a law clerk with the Wisconsin State Department of Corrections. Prior to her legal career, she gained research and teaching experience in physiological and biological sciences at the Medical College of Wisconsin and Marquette University.
- Received, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch recognition for:
- Intellectual Property Law (2021-2022)
- Technology Law (2021-2022)
- Co-author, “LDT Proposals: Concerns about the FDA’s proposal LDT regulations on test providers and patients,” Advanced Healthcare Network for Laboratory (March 14, 2016)
- Co-author, “Laboratory Developed Tests (LDTs) – An emerging area of FDA regulation,” Advance Healthcare Network for Laboratory (December 28, 2015)
- Author, “Dueling Records: Are Statements in Your 510(k) Putting Your Patents at Risk?” BNA Bloomberg 210 (October 30, 2015)
- Author, "Copyrightable Works in the Undergraduate Student Context: An Examination of the Issues," Marquette Intellectual Property Law Review, 285 (2013)
- Co-author, "Integrated approach for the comprehensive characterization of lipoproteins from human plasma using FPLC and nano-HPLC-tandem mass spectrometry," Physiol Genomics, 40: 208-215 (2010)
- Co-author, "Quantitative comparison of lipoprotein fractions derived from human plasma and serum by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry," Proteome Science, 8:42 (2010)
- Marquette University Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 2013)
- Editor-in-chief, Marquette Intellectual Property Law Review
- Medical College of Wisconsin (Ph.D., 2010)
- Marquette University (B.S., summa cum laude, 2005)
- Major: biomechanical sciences and French
- Member, Phi Beta Kappa, Alpha Sigma Nu and Pi Delta Phi honor societies
- Intellectual Property Law Section of the State Bar of Wisconsin
- United States Patent and Trademark Office