Joshua Harris is a litigation associate with Foley & Lardner LLP, where he is a member of the firm’s Business Litigation & Dispute Resolution Practice. His practice focuses on business and complex commercial litigation.
Josh has wide-ranging experience representing clients in industries including securities, telecommunications and technology, insurance regulation, data security and privacy, and health care. Josh has litigated class actions and managed multidistrict contract negotiations and represented clients in mediations and arbitrations involving complex commercial issues. He has also provided strategic litigation risk avoidance counseling, data security and privacy audits, as well as digital advertising, mobile marketing, and board governance counseling relating to cybersecurity to clients in various industries, including media, construction, fast food, and retail.
- Lead attorney representing Fortune 500 logistics and transportation client in mediation resulting in settlement of $5 million demand for $19,000
- Presented appellate oral argument resulting in favorable ruling for transportation client
- Represents a Fortune 50 client in breach of contract litigation
- Obtained favorable state Supreme Court decision for higher education client in multi-million dollar property dispute
- Obtained summary dismissal of FCRA claim for student loan servicer
- Settled potential multimillion dollar TCPA class action for $36,000 for student loan servicer
- Represented a major dental care provider in litigation involving defamation and false advertisement claims
Privacy & Data Security
- Conducted data security and privacy audit for international media client, leading to creation of national data security and privacy litigation tracking chart
- Advised various media and technology clients on GDPR compliance
- Defended major shoe manufacturer in TCPA action
- Created data security and privacy presentation for client CLE
- Successfully defended a major telecommunications client in litigation involving monopolization claims, resulting in settlement and dismissal with prejudice of the plaintiff’s claims
- Represented major communications and bank clients in third-party subpoena matters involving monopolization and interchange fee disputes
- Obtained favorable settlement for telecommunications client in Sherman Act dispute with wireless competitor
- Represented telecom and automotive client in antitrust action
- Successfully defended a major health care provider in a government investigation
- Advised and provided insurance regulatory compliance and risk avoidance counseling to major health care provider
- Provided ACA counseling to major pharmacy benefit manager
- Defended board and chairman of higher education institution in action related to board voting rights and organization
- Member of trial team that obtained $24 million jury verdict for clients in personal injury action in state court
- Advised radio and financial client on TCPA compliance
- Advised a client on physician compensation issues and contract negotiations
- Defended Chinese manufacturer of wind turbines in trade secrets litigation brought by the Department of Justice
- Represented national bank clients in Interchange Fee Opt-Out litigation
*Certain representations undertaken prior to joining Foley & Lardner LLP
- Received, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch recognition for Alternative Dispute Resolution (2021-2022)
Josh earned his law degree from the University of California, Berkeley School of Law (J.D., 2014), where he served as managing editor of Berkeley Journal of African-American Law & Policy. Josh completed his bachelor’s degree, summa cum laude, in political science at Morehouse College (B.A., 2009). Josh graduated Morehouse with the highest honors as class Valedictorian and as a member of Phi Beta Kappa.
Josh is a member of the Georgia Bar Association and the Atlanta Bar Association.
Josh’s pro bono and community activities include involvement with local elementary schools in Atlanta and Chicago, as well as drafting wills and clemency petitions. He also represents students facing truancy changes in juvenile court. Josh also handles prisoner’s rights cases.
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit