Kristin McGaver Sikora works with businesses to solve regulatory, compliance, and safety related issues. She also advises and represents businesses in complex litigation matters. She is an associate in the firm’s Business Litigation & Dispute Resolution Practice Group, Consumer Law, Finance & Class Action Group, and a member of the Manufacturing Sector.
Regulatory Compliance and Safety Advising Practice - Kristin regularly advises and represents manufacturers, distributors, and retailers of consumer and industrial products in all areas of their business. Kristin assists companies with developing best practices for their products. From advising on good manufacturing practices, regulatory compliance programs, and supply chain protocols, to developing compliant marketing plans and labeling strategies, Kristin works with companies seeking to market new products or those looking to improve existing practices for products that have been on the market for years. Kristin has experience working with testing labs and regulators (including the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), FDA, FTC, Health Canada, and others) to certify or demonstrate regulatory compliance. In this capacity, Kristin advises companies through global and U.S. product recalls and remediation plans and assesses regulatory compliance for due diligence and deal purposes.
Litigation and Dispute Resolution – Kristin has experience assisting clients in a range of complex litigation matters, including contract disputes, distribution and franchise litigation, intellectual property disputes, and antitrust litigation in federal and state court and in arbitration. Kristin also has experience conducting internal investigations and representing clients in connection with government/regulatory investigations and enforcement actions.
Prior to joining Foley, Kristin was a law clerk for the Honorable Harry D. Leinenweber, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. During law school, Kristin was a student attorney with the Hennepin County Attorney’s Office in its mental health division in Minneapolis, Minnesota. She was also a judicial extern for the Honorable John R. Tunheim, U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota.
- Donated hundreds of hours of pro bono representation to indigent community members in litigation.
- Co-author, "Is Your Product Really 'Non-Toxic' or 'Biodegradable'? The FTC Weighs In," Manufacturing Industry Advisor (May 23, 2023)
- Co-author, "CPSC Finally Provides Regulatory Certainty on Clothing Storage Units," Manufacturing Industry Advisor (April 20, 2023)
- Co-author, "CPSC Provides More Guidance to Online Sellers & Retailers," Manufacturing Industry Advisor (March 21, 2023)
- Co-author, "Does Your Product Use HFCs? Are You Ready for a Phase-Out?," Manufacturing Industry Advisor (February 6, 2023)
- Co-author, "What Is Going On With Gas Stoves?," Manufacturing Industry Advisor (January 27, 2023)
- Co-author, "CPSC Focuses on Child Safety in the Home," Manufacturing Industry Advisor (January 20, 2023)
- Co-author, "The CPSC Promises Higher Civil Penalties and More Aggressive Enforcement," Manufacturing Industry Advisor (September 1, 2022)
- Co-author, "CPSC Presses Onward with Equity Action Plan," Consumer Class Defense Counsel (July 22, 2022)
- Co-author, "Top Legal Issues Facing the Manufacturing Sector in 2022," Manufacturing Industry Advisor (July 6, 2022)
- Co-author, “Recent Activity on Infant and Child Safety,” Manufacturing Industry Advisor (October 7, 2021)
- Co-author, “CPSC’s New Standard on the Flammability of Upholstered Furniture Now Effective.” Manufacturing Industry Advisor (July 6, 2021)
- Co-author, “CPSC Takes First Step to Expand Enforcement,” Consumer Class Defense Counsel (April 21, 2021)
- Co-author, “The CPSC Digs In on Artificial Intelligence,” Consumer Class Defense Counsel (March 31, 2021)
- Co-author, “Consumer Product Companies Beware! CPSC Expected to Ramp up Enforcement of Product Safety Regulations,” Consumer Class Defense Counsel (February 24, 2021)
- Author, “Say Goodbye to Net Neutrality: Why FCC Protection of the Open Internet Is Over,” LawSci Forum (May 3, 2017)
- Author, “Getting Back to Basics: Recognizing and Understanding the Swing Voter on the Supreme Court of the United States,” 101 MINN. L. REV. 1247 (February 2017)
- University of Minnesota Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 2017)
- Order of the Coif
- Research & Managing Editor, Minnesota Law Review
- Litigation and Trial Advocacy Group
- Mock Trial Team
- Law Council
- Dean’s Distinguished Scholarship
- 3M Scholarship
- Mondale Hall Engagement Award
- University of Wisconsin-Madison (B.A., political science, sociology, and legal studies, 2013)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois