Partner Thomas F. Carlucci will be speaking at the 57th Midyear Conference of the Tax Executives Institute on March 18-21 in Washington, D.C. Mr. Carlucci will speak during a panel on IRS Administrative Affairs.
This year’s conference continues TEI’s tradition of bringing together the best and brightest in business taxation to address the important issues of the day. In 2007, that includes the following:
- Implementation of FIN 48: Practical Considerations & Implementation Issues
- What’s Ahead for the 110th Congress?
- What Do 2006 Election Results Mean for State Tax Policy?
- Nexus – Legislative and Judicial Developments
- IRS Enforcement Tools and Tax Return Documentation
- Mergers & Acquisitions and Partnership Updates
- Private Foundations: A Primer for Tax Executives
- Recruiting, Developing, and Retaining Tax Talent
- Updates on Section 987, Cost-Sharing, and Canadian Tax Developments
To address these and the other topics identified by TEI’s Continuing Education Committee, TEI has recruited not only top-notch practitioners and experienced tax executives, but key government officials. Representative Charles Rangel, the new Chairman of the House Committee on Ways and Means, will deliver a keynote address. Conference participants will hear a global perspective on business taxation from Jeffrey Owens of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development, Michael Desmond of the Treasury Department, and IRS Deputy Commissioner Kevin Brown.