For more than 30 years, Foley’s IP attorneys have worked with clients to understand and, more important, communicate the value of IP assets.
As a result of our experience, including representing four of the top 10 U.S. patent holders in 2014 (IPO), we have developed an IP asset management approach that allows our clients to maximize the value and robustness of their portfolios.
As part of our unique program, we offer the services and knowledge of our Intellectual Property Asset Management (IPAM) Team, the members of which routinely represent a broad spectrum of corporate clients in developing state-of-the-art IP policies and practices, including:
- Evaluating and implementing effective IP policies and procedures within the corporate strategic plan
- Enhancing and improving the decision-making process relating to IP assets
- Providing metrics to value intangible assets for exploitation
- Maximizing IP-related opportunities in a variety of transactions
- Reemploying or reenergizing underutilized assets
- Pruning underperforming assets
- Developing inbound and outbound licensing programs
We understand that each client is unique. That is why our IPAM services are customized to reflect the individual nature of your business. As appropriate, we bring together personnel in legal, tax, research and development, lobbying, and general management to deliver comprehensive and integrated IP asset management services — from one source.
Services offered by our IPAM Team include: