Mitchell Lindstrom is a senior counsel with Foley & Lardner LLP. He is a member of the firm’s Transactions Practice.
Mitchell maintains a comprehensive transactional practice, with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, and corporate governance matters. He represents a wide array of public and private clients in domestic and international mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, joint-ventures, reorganizations, and recapitalizations, including strategic enterprises, private equity firms, and family-owned and other closely held businesses. Mitchell’s practice is largely industry agnostic, however, Mitchell has significant experience representing clients in the health care space, including hospital systems, providers, medical device companies, life sciences companies, and health care information technology companies.
Mitchell also serves as outside general counsel to a number of companies, including private equity portfolio companies, advising on all matters of corporate and securities law.
Prior to joining Foley, Mitchell was a corporate associate at a prominent Milwaukee-based law firm, where he also served as a summer associate. Mitchell also worked as a legal intern in the Office of the Chief Counsel of the Internal Revenue Service and was a law clerk in the corporate legal department of Emerson Electric.
- Represented Health Care Service Corporation, the U.S.’s largest customer-owned health insurer, in its acquisition of Trustmark Health Benefits, which is a leading third-party administrator of health benefits.
- Represented Aspirus, Inc., a non-profit, community-directed health system based in Wausau, Wisconsin, in its assumption of ownership from Ascension Wisconsin of seven hospitals, 21 physician clinics, and air and ground medical transport services.
- Represented Aspirus, Inc. in its acquisition of Divine Savior Healthcare.
- Represented a leading provider of complex rehab technology in its acquisition of a provider of durable medical equipment, supplies and home health care services to workers’ compensation carriers.
- Represented a leading provider of complex rehab technology in its acquisition of a provider of wheelchair accessible vehicles, chairlifts, and mobility vehicles.
- Represented a health care technology company in its acquisition of a patient, caregiver, and physician feedback technology company.
- Represented a prominent medical staffing and recruitment company that provides work force solutions in healthcare, IT and life sciences, in its sale to a private equity firm.
- Represented a regional retail pharmacy in its sale to one of the largest U.S. retail and pharmacy corporations.
- Advised and represented several health systems in joint venture and member substitution transactions that involved expansion on both a regional and national level.
- Represented an orthodontic practice in a sale and equity rollover transaction with one of the largest U.S. ortho-focused dental support organizations.
- Represented various dentists and dental practices in buy-in transactions.
- Represented Wisconsin Aluminum Foundry in its acquisition of castings manufacturer, DEE, Inc., located in Crookston, Minnesota.
- Represented Wisconsin Aluminum Foundry in its acquisition of the green-sand foundry, Wabash Castings Inc., located in Wabash, Indiana.
- Represented a publicly traded global manufacturer of cranes and lifting solutions in its acquisition of the crane business / division from one of the largest rental equipment companies in the U.S.
- Represented Vectorform, an industry leader in innovation consulting and digital transformation, in its sale to NTT DATA Corporation, a Japanese multinational information technology service and consulting company.
- Represented one of the largest global private equity firms in connection with its acquisition of a forging, heat treating, machining, and manufacturing business in the southern United States.
- Represented a foreign buyer in its strategic acquisition of a U.S.-based manufacturer of high-performance composite pre-impregnated and adhesive materials.
- Represented an insurance company in a complex multi-company acquisition of regional insurance companies.
- Represented an automotive manufacturer in its strategic acquisition of manufacturer of fuel cell business.
- Represented one of the largest global drink and brewing companies in two separate tiered buy-outs of two popular U.S. craft breweries.
- Represented the shareholders / seller in the sale of a family-owned craft brewery to strategic investors.
- Represented the shareholders / seller in the sale of a family-owned food manufacturing business to a strategic multi-national buyer.
- Represented the shareholders / seller in the sale of an enterprise resource planning software company to a strategic private equity-backed buyer.
- Represented a leading manufacturer of forklift trucks, pallet jacks, and material handling solutions in several roll-up acquisitions of regional distributors / suppliers.
- Represented various private equity sponsors in over two dozen portfolio company acquisitions, bolt-on transactions, and sale / auction transactions.
- Represented Bank Mutual Corporation (a publicly traded banking institution), in its merger with and into Associated Banc-Corp.
- Represented three separate banks / credit unions in branch sale and acquisition transactions.
Mitchell earned his law degree from Marquette University Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2015), where he was a comment editor for the Marquette Law Review, and where he earned two CALI Awards for the highest grade in his classes. Mitchell received his bachelor’s degree from Marquette University (B.A., magna cum laude, 2013).
While an undergraduate at Marquette University, Mitchell was inducted into Alpha Sigma Nu, the highest honor society for Jesuit universities, which honors students who not only distinguish themselves in their academic pursuits, but also in their loyalty to the values of their Jesuit education. Only 4 percent of each class of a Jesuit university is eligible for induction into Alpha Sigma Nu.
Mitchell is admitted to practice in Wisconsin and is a member of the State Bar of Wisconsin.