Emily F. Magee is a partner and business lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP, and a member of the finance practice group. Emily focuses her practice on commercial lending transactions and public finance. Emily has extensive experience representing national and regional financial institutions, non-bank financial companies, investment banks and borrowers, as well as serving as bond counsel on federally tax-exempt financings.
Emily’s experience in tax-exempt finance includes public bond offerings, private placements with single financial institutions, master lease-purchase arrangements, pooled loan programs, commercial paper programs, and complex interest rate hedging transactions.
Emily serves as the Business Law Department office chair for the Jacksonville office, Women’s Network Coordinator for the Jacksonville office and a member of the firm’s national Pro Bono Committee. She is a member of the firm’s Finance & Financial Institutions, Public Finance, and Health Care Finance Practices, and the Health Care and Senior Living Industry Teams.
- Representation of several national banks in $200 million aggregate par amount of privately placed tax-exempt bonds in multi-jurisdictional hospital system
- Representation of specialty equipment lender in connection with tax-exempt and taxable finance leasing transactions in over 20 states
- Representation of specialty lender in connection with energy financing leasing transactions relating to guaranteed energy savings contracts in Florida and Mississippi
- Representation of specialty lender with focus on sustainable infrastructure lending in connection with no capital outlay transaction
- Bond and borrower’s counsel to a nonprofit senior living community in connection with its expansion construction project and the related $114 million-tax exempt financing
- Special counsel to a national HIV/AIDs organization in connection with a $90,000,000 taxable financing
- Representation of a specialty tax-exempt bond investor in connection with its purchase of community development district revenue bonds and related matters
- Bond and borrower’s counsel to non-profit charter school in connection with multi-tiered private placement transaction in $30,000,000 aggregate principal amount of bonds for expansion project
- Representation of underwriter in connection with $110,000,000 publicly offered bonds for private university
- Bond and borrower’s counsel in connection with highly structured tax-exempt financing in an aggregate principal amount of over $100,000,000 for a senior living facility
Emily has been recognized in Chambers USA: America's Leading Business Lawyers (2013 – 2021) and by Florida Trend’s “Legal Elite” (2017). She has also been named "40 Under 40" and a “Woman of Influence” by the Jacksonville Business Journal, and is a past recipient of the Lynford Lardner community service award.
- University of Georgia School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2000)
- Notes Editor, Georgia Journal of International and Comparative Law
- Member, Order of the Coif
- Florida State University (B.S.)
- Member, Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- North Carolina
- Member, National Association of Bond Lawyers