Kate Wegrzyn (pronounced "Way Grin") is a partner and business lawyer with Foley & Lardner LLP and is a co-chair of the firm’s Supply Chain Industry Team and Coronavirus Task Force. She is also a member of the firm’s Commercial Transactions & Business Counseling and Distribution & Franchise Practices and the Food & Beverage Industry Team as well as the Manufacturing Industry Team.
Kate's areas of focus include counseling businesses on general corporate and commercial matters, including commercial contracts, dealer arrangements, licensing issues, supply chain contracts, marketing and promotion agreements, and logistics and transportation contracts.
Kate is one of the authors and editors of Foley's Supply Chain Desk Reference, which covers, among other things, the following topics: battle of the forms, distribution supply chain options, warranties, product recall and hazard reporting issues, indemnification, consequential damages and disclaimers, and nondisclosure agreements.
Kate is the chair-elect of the board of directors of the Wisconsin Humane Society.
In 2015, The Legal 500 recognized Kate for her work in the area of renewable and alternative energy.
- University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2009)
- Elected to Order of the Coif
- Managing Editor, Wisconsin Law Review
- Member, Women's Law Student Association
- University of Wisconsin (B.B.A., 2005)
- Co-author, “Rethinking China: How Manufacturers are Analyzing Right-Shoring to Consider the Benefits and Costs of a Shift in Supply Chains,” Manufacturing Industry Advisor (March 24, 2021)
- Co-author, “Food & Beverage Supply Chain Desk Reference,” Foley & Lardner LLP (March 2021)
- Quoted, "Foley & Lardner Supply Chain Lawyers See Demand for Near-shoring,” Law.com International (October 8, 2020)
- Co-author, “Managing the Commercial Impact of the Coronavirus: What Claims In-House Counsel Should Expect in the Near Future,” Foley & Lardner LLP Coronavirus Resource Center Blog (March 17, 2020)
- Co-author, “Five Legal Tools to Mitigate Manufacturing Risk,” Supply Chain Brain (March 16, 2020)
- Quoted, “From checking contracts to remote work, advice for navigating the coronavirus,” Milwaukee BizTimes (March 12, 2020)
- Co-author, “Managing the Commercial Impact of the Coronavirus: An Effective Supply Chain Response Plan,” Foley Client Alert (February 27, 2020)
- Contributor, “2020 International Trade and Trends in Mexico,” Foley Survey Report (February 2020)
- Co-author, “Incoterms® 2020: The Terms They Are A-Changin,” Manufacturing Industry Advisor
- Co-author, “Automotive MarketTrends | September 2019, Issue 3,” Manufacturing Industry Advisor
- Co-author, "Manufacturing MarketTrends | July 2019, Issue 2,” Manufacturing Industry Advisor
- Co-presenter, “Supply Chain Agreements: Consequential Damage Disclaimers, Indemnity, Force Majeure, Termination, Warranty Provisions,” webinar, Strafford
- Co-author, “Supply Chain Agreements: Structuring Key Provisions,” Manufacturing Industry Insights
- Co-author, “Manufacturing MarketTrends | April 2019, Issue 1,” Manufacturing MarketTrends
- Author, “Commercial and Consumer Warranties: A Primer,”Manufacturing Industry Advisor
- Author, “The Art of Holding Harmless: Indemnification Provisions in Supply Agreements and How They Differ from Warranty,” Manufacturing Industry Advisor
- Author, “Best Practices for Customers Structuring Directed-Buy Arrangements,” Manufacturing Industry Advisor
- Author, “Shhh ... Don't Tell Anyone: Tips on NDAs,” Manufacturing Industry Advisor
- Author, “Overview of Distribution Supply Chain Options,” Manufacturing Industry Advisor
- Co-editor, “International Agency and Distribution Agreements,” LexisNexis®
- Author, “Consequential Damage Disclaimers in Supply Agreements,” Manufacturing Industry Advisor