Enacted as part of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017, Opportunity Zones were designed to provide significant tax benefits to incentivize long-term investment in economically-distressed communities.
Join us for a discussion of Opportunity Zones, including such topics as federal tax incentives, location of Qualified Opportunity Zones within the Commonwealth, and the ability to combine federal Opportunity Zone benefits with state and municipal incentives.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Governor Charlie Baker, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Mike Kennealy, Secretary, Executive Office of Housing and Economic Development, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Mayor Martin Walsh, City of Boston
- Lauren Liss, President and CEO, MassDevelopment
- Dan Kowalski, Counsel to the Secretary, United States Department of Treasury
- Gary Hecimovich, Partner, Deloitte Tax LLP
- Daniel Barile, CFA, Partner, Portfolio Manager, Senior Investment Analyst, Skybridge Capital
- Paul Farrell, Senior Adviser, New Mountain Capital
This is a private event by invitation only. For more information, please contact Diana Lauritson at dlauritson foley.com.