Manufacturers and franchisors know that healthy relationships with key distributors, dealers, and franchisees that offer goods and services under their trademarks are key to productivity and profits. Of course, relationships have rules, and keeping them healthy is all about knowing and respecting those rules but also understanding what to do when rules are broken. At least with respect to the laws and regulations that govern distribution and franchise relationships, Foley & Lardner LLP is here to help.
For the past 27 years, Foley has offered more than 600 presentations to thousands of appreciative participants during its nationally attended Law of Product Distribution & Franchise Seminar, and the 28th annual seminar will continue that tradition this year. Please plan to join us in Dallas on October 24. Attorneys who attend can receive CLE credit, but non-lawyers who attend find the presentations helpful as well.
Topics will include:
- Just Inviting a Hostage Crisis? Exclusivity Pros, Cons, and Practical Advice | Trent Johnson
- State(s) of Confusion: Defining the Relationship Under State Distribution Laws | Tim Patterson and Betsy Stone
- “I’ll Be Back”: How to Avoid Hearing Those Words When You’re the Terminator | Jeff Simmons
- One-on-One Meetings with Franchisees, Dealers & Distributors: Dos and Don’ts | Leslie Smith
- The Franchisor’s Dilemma: Non-Uniformity versus Vicarious Liability | Coleman Lechner
- Common Antitrust issues in Distribution & Franchise Relationships | Kate Gehl
- Alternatives to Resale Price Maintenance: Enforcement of Minimum Advertised Price Policies | Bobbi Howell
- In the Crosshairs: “No Poach” Agreements in Distribution & Franchising | Elizabeth Haas and Jessie Beringer
- Growing The Next Generation: Business Succession Planning in Your Network | Nate Imfeld
- How to Defend Against Claims You Are a Joint Employer – Latest Updates | Peter Loh
- Plan B: Bankruptcy Alternatives for the Financially Troubled Franchisee | Matt Lee and Jason Binford
- To Arbitrate or Not? The Jury is Still Out | Mike Lockerby and Sarah Howard
- Top 10 Cases of 2018-19 | Connor Sabatino
- Regulatory Issues for the Supply Chain: Product Compliance, sustainability, and Beyond| Pete Tomasi
- The Supply Chain Desk Reference | Kate Wegrzyn
- When Your Growing International Distribution Relationship Goes South: The International Arbitration Journey, From Contracting Through The Hearing | Vanessa Miller
- Managing International Distribution Relationships | Greg Husisian and Jenlain Scott:
- Managing the International Supply Chain & Sellers: Executing New U.S. Government Expectations for Suppliers & Business Partners
- Managing Risk & International Investigations at Suppliers, Business Partners, and Distributors
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act: Anti-Corruption by Compliance | John Turlais
- Expanding Distribution in Latin America | Marco Najera and Marcos Carrasco
Foley & Lardner LLP will apply for CLE credit after the program, wherever applicable. Foley & Lardner LLP is a State Bar of California MCLE approved provider. Credit may not be obtained by viewing and/or listening to a program recording after the event. Certificates of attendance will be distributed to eligible participants approximately eight weeks after the program via email. Important Information for New York Attorneys: This program is appropriate for experienced attorneys only.
Continental breakfast and lunch will be served and there will be a reception at the end of the day. If you are interested in attending this seminar, please contact David Wise (email@example.com).