Sharp, creative and aggressive, Ben is a senior counsel who represents clients in a broad range of legal disputes. Ben’s clients (which range from Fortune 500 companies to small companies and individuals) operate in a diverse array of industries, including finance, aerospace and electronics technology, insurance, healthcare, hospitality, manufacturing and retail. Ben draws on his experience as a high school teacher and former small business owner to deliver clear, practical advice and cost-effective solutions. Ben also draws on his education in Philosophy to develop compelling arguments and successful legal strategies.
Ben is a member of the firm’s Business Litigation & Dispute Resolution practice group as well as the Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) Team.
- Represented investor and investment advisory firm in lawsuit against foreign companies arising from Chinese government’s takeover of a multinational conglomerate. Ben’s efforts helped to secure a favorable, multimillion dollar settlement. In a related matter, Ben’s efforts helped to secure a temporary restraining order freezing $10 million in favor of the client.
- Defended veterinary radiology technology company in lawsuit relating to breach of SaaS agreement.
- Obtained dismissal of lawsuit seeking to permanently enjoin client’s multimillion dollar fraud claim against the former owner of a bankrupt discount retail chain.
- Obtained dismissal of lawsuit filed in the Delaware Court of Chancery seeking emergency injunctive relief to force U.S. independent soccer league to permit member teams to play in the 2022 season.
- Defended insurance company in class action multi-district litigation relating to coverage for ski passes. Ben’s efforts helped to secure dismissal of the lawsuit.
- Defended publicly traded developer of fluidics systems against claims by business broker to recover consulting fee in connection with client’s acquisition of a microtechnology company. Ben’s efforts helped to secure dismissal of the lawsuit.
- Represented Fortune 100 aerospace technology company in $90 million lawsuit against subcontractor based upon defective design of flight simulator projectors.
- Defending large multinational hotel company in payment dispute with construction contractor arising from $100 million construction contracts.
- Defended national health insurance company in lawsuit brought by out of network medical provider alleging ERISA violations. Ben’s efforts helped to secure dismissal of the lawsuit.
In 2020 – 2021, Ben was selected for inclusion in the New York Super Lawyers - Rising Stars® lists.
Ben received his law degree from Vanderbilt University Law School (J.D., 2016), where he was captain of the Mock Trial Team, a member of the Phi Delta Phi honors society, and served as a research assistant to Professor Edward K. Cheng. While studying law, Ben served as a judicial intern to the Honorable John T. Nixon of the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee, and to the Honorable Brian J. Davis of the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
Ben received a bachelor’s degree in philosophy from New York University (B.A., 2011).
Ben is admitted to the New York Bar and to the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.