Eric Blumrosen is a corporate lawyer focusing on mergers & acquisitions, private equity, joint ventures, corporate finance and venture capital transactions, primarily within the Energy, Innovative Technology, and Health Care and Life Sciences sectors. A significant portion of his practice is advising non-U.S. clients in cross-border transactions, establishing operations and making strategic acquisitions in the United States. When handling cross-border transactions with clients in Europe, Canada and Mexico, Eric routinely collaborates with non-U.S. law firms to achieve his client goals. Eric’s practice spans 30 years, including numerous corporate transactions, mergers & acquisitions, private equity matters, recapitalizations, workouts and equity and debt financings. He is co-chair of Foley’s Energy sector and is a member of the firm’s Transactional; Private Equity & Venture Capital; and Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) practices.
Clients seek Eric’s skillful legal advice, practical approach and sound judgment. His broad business exposure and ability to clearly communicate impactful considerations are the hallmark of his work. Eric earns his reputation as a trusted advisor, guiding clients to make informed decisions surrounding sophisticated transactions. He advises C-suite executives and general counsel at public and private companies, private equity funds and private equity portfolio companies, boards of directors, business owners and entrepreneurs across a diverse range of industries such as energy, technology, health care, consulting, construction, food, hospitality, financial advisory, manufacturing, fabrication, chemicals, medical device and real estate.
Eric’s experience includes representing private equity sponsors to make investments in portfolio companies and advises portfolio companies in various capacities. His background also includes representing public companies in corporate finance through public and private offerings of equity and debt, securities reporting and compliance, mergers & acquisitions, ESG considerations and executive compensation matters as well as counseling boards of directors and board committees on corporate governance matters.
Based in Foley’s Houston office, Eric is a former member of Foley’s national Management Committee.
- Representation of a hydraulics and control systems engineering company in connection with its $200 million sale to a private equity sponsor.
- Representation of a NYSE-listed energy services company in (i) a series of acquisitions totaling more than $1 billion, (ii) multiple public debt financings and (iii) a $1 billion joint venture with another NYSE-listed energy services company.
- Representation of an energy services company engaged in the development of drilling fluids and systems in connection with a $250 million acquisition, through a corporate carve-out from a Fortune 100 industrial manufacturer.
- Representation of an electric cooperative in connection with a $900 million acquisition of a participation interest in a coal fired power generation facility.
- Representation of a UK- and UAE-based group of investors in connection with a $25 million acquisition of a tubular lining business located in Texas.
- Representation of a NYSE-listed energy services company in a series of acquisitions, as well as public equity and debt financings.
- Representation of a private equity group in connection with its equity financing, mezzanine and senior debt financings and acquisition of a hydro-excavation business located in Texas.
- Representation of a hydro-excavation business in its sale to a platform company of Oaktree Capital.
- Representation of an environmental services consulting business in its sale to a platform company of First Reserve.
- Representation of a NYSE-listed compression company in a series of acquisitions and dispositions.
- Representation of the owner of a drilling and production business in its $40 million sale to a platform company of Edgewater Capital Partners.
- Representation of a Canadian company engaged in providing specialized products in the delivery of sand in connection with its establishment of operations in the U.S.
- Representation of European and Canadian solar companies in development-related projects in the U.S.
- Representation of a UK-based private equity sponsor, MML Capital Partners and its platform robotics process automation company, Roboyo, in the acquisition and senior debt financing of a U.S. based robotics company, Jolt Advantage Group.
- Representation of a UK-based software company, Enea Software, in the acquisition of a U.S. based mobile security and threat protection technology company, Adaptive Mobile Security Limited.
- Act as U.S. counsel for Livingbridge, a UK-based private equity sponsor, in its majority investment in, and senior financing of, Sycurio, a provider of secure cloud and on-premises solutions to contact centers and businesses accepting payments.
- Act as U.S. counsel for Glory Global Solutions in connection with its control investment in Acrelec, a provider of self-service solutions for the quick service restaurant and retail industries.
- Representation of the owners of John M. Floyd and Associates, a provider of software and consulting solutions designed to optimize overdraft programs for financial institutions, in its sale to Hammond, Kennedy, Whitney & Company, Inc., a private equity sponsor.
- Representation of UK-based Versarien, PLC, a manufacturer of technology-based advanced materials, in connection with the establishment of operations in the U.S.
- Representation of a venture capital-backed medical device company in the orthodontics field in connection with multiple equity and senior debt financings, and various general corporate matters.
- Representation of a private equity group in connection with its equity and senior debt financing and acquisition of General Healthcare Resources, a health care staffing company.
- Representation of GHR Healthcare in connection with a corporate carve-out acquisition of a medical coding business from HCTec.
- Representation of a dental insurance company in connection with its formation, financings, acquisitions and various general corporate work.
- Representation of a veterinarian staffing company in connection with its formation, equity financing and spin-off.
- Representation of an entrepreneur in connection with the formation, financing and patent portfolio of a medical device company engaged in sequential cold compression.
- Representation of the founder of Stablewood Properties, a real estate management company for various private equity funds and ventures, in its structure and formation.
- Representation of a real estate management team in the formation and funding of a joint venture focused on the acquisition and disposition of STNL real properties in the U.S.
- Representation of CGI Desserts, Inc., a frozen desserts manufacturer, in connection with its sale to HC Brill Company.
- Representation of The Stolbun Group in connection with its frozen desserts joint venture with Rich’s Products Company.
- Representation of a private equity group in connection with its formation, equity financing and debt financing of a zinc oxide manufacturing facility.
- Representation of Zinc Oxide, LLC in the acquisition, equity and debt financing of Zochem, a Canadian zinc oxide manufacturer.
- Representation of UK-based Arena Events Group PLC through a joint venture, to acquire the assets of a hospitality and event services business through a Section 363 sale transaction.
- Representation of MDK Advisors, a financial services advisory firm, in its sale to Adaptation Financial Group.
- Representation of TTRD Ltd., in connection with the reorganization of its asphalt products joint venture arrangement with Delek U.S.
- Representation of venture capital-backed EquaTerra, Inc., a U.S. and European based consulting firm in a series of equity financings, acquisitions and eventual sale to KPMG.
- Representation of a NYSE listed business development company in connection with a series of investments and dispositions.
- Representation of affiliated merchant funds in over 20 equity and debt financings.
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Houston Bar Association
- Member, Private Directors Association
- Member, Association for Corporate Growth, Houston Chapter
- Advisory Director, Dress for Success Houston
- Former Chairman of the Board of Director
- Former Trustee, Emery Weiner School
- Former Member, Executive Committee
- Former Vice President
- Former Chair, Athletics Task Force
- Member, Holocaust Museum Houston
- Former Member, Executive By-laws Committee
- Member, Houston Producers' Forum
- Former Director, American Jewish Committee
- Co-Chair, Houston Holocaust Museum Luncheon (2006, 2016)
- Co-Chair, Emery Weiner JOE Dinner (2005)
Honors & Awards
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of Corporate Law (2013, 2015-2023)
- Recognized, Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (Tom Wicker ed., Chambers & Partners)
- Corporate/M&A (Texas) (2011-2013)
- Recognized, Texas Super Lawyers®, a Thomson Reuters business, as published in Texas Super Lawyers Magazine
- Mergers & Acquisitions (2004-2006, 2014-2017)
- Securities & Corporate Finance (2004-2006, 2014)
- Recognized, The Legal 500 United States
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Buyouts - M&A: Middle-Market (Sub-$500 Million) (2012)
- Recognized, Houston’s Top Lawyers, H Texas Magazine (2006)
- Recognized, AV Preeminent®, the highest performance rating in the Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ system
- The University of Texas School of Law (J.D., 1984)
- The University of Texas at Austin (B.A., magna cum laude, 1981)
- Member, Phi Beta Kappa Society
Presentations and Publications
- Presenter, “Doing Business in the USA, Northern Ireland Chamber of Commerce and Industry,” September 9, 2021
- Presenter, “Private Company Corporate Governance Best Practices,” National Directors Institute, October 28, 2018
- Presenter, “Key Legal Considerations for Norwegian Businesses When Entering the U.S. Market,” November 2016